The AMC Forum - vacuum line diagram

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
10/31/14 at 13:29:10
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
vacuum line diagram (Read 1618 times)
mras
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Allentown, PA
vacuum line diagram
11/03/07 at 17:12:04

Anyone have a vacuum line diagram (even just in text form?) for a 1973 Javelin, 304 V8, non-A/C, with air-pump emissions? Inherited the Jav, noticing that in addition to running really rich, the Vacuum Control on the distributor is not hooked up. So, I'm looking for the "open" other end in the vacuum line(s) and, everything hooked up. I've got the technical service manual for '73, which shows that the distributor vacuum control should hook up to the center port of the CTOS. Problem is that I can't find any diagrams in the TSM for the other 3-prong adapter coming off of the manifold with vacuum lines attached to it. Before I go messing with it, was wondering if anyone had any routing diagrams?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Email   IP Logged
FuzzFace2
Forum Veteran

So many parts to
buy, so little money
to buy them!

Stamford, CT
Re: vacuum line diagram
Reply #1 - 11/03/07 at 19:28:35

Do you have a smog check? If so do they look under the hood? If not hook the dist to ported vac on the carb. Ported vac only has vac when you give it gas, at idle no vac.
Now if you know the dist gets hooked to the center port (this is the temp switch in the stat housing right?) IIRC one port is ported vac and the other is manifold vac or some thing like that.  

BTW what does CTOS stand for?

If you have an auto trany you only need 2 vac lines 1 for the trany the other ported for the dist.
Dave ----

75 GremlinX v8 64k 4sale
76 GremlinX i6 (sons)
70 Javelin street car 390/4sp (360/T5 now)
70 Javelin 1/4 Drag car 360/auto
Email Old Fuzz Face2   IP Logged
mras
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Allentown, PA
Re: vacuum line diagram
Reply #2 - 11/03/07 at 19:42:49

Thanks for the response Dave, makes sense. CTOS is Coolant Temperature Override Switch, the one coming out of the 'stat housing.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print