The AMC Forum - COMP Cams rocker arm part # change

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
11/23/14 at 15:45:39
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
COMP Cams rocker arm part # change (Read 9615 times)
DragRacinAMC
Site Moderator
High Performance

New Jersey
COMP Cams rocker arm part # change
03/05/08 at 03:45:46

In the '07 COMP catalog, the part # for the Magnum roller tip rocker arm has been changed. It is no longer the same part # as SBC.  The "new" part # is now  "1442-16", which is the same as SBF(reported to have the same dimensions), which all of the other COMP full roller rockers have always been.  

Now it won't take a foot and a half long pushrod to get the SBC rocker in the ball park.

Email   IP Logged
the-jav
AMCrazy
High Performance

American Motors
Corporation

Maple Valley, WA
Re: COMP Cams rocker arm part # change
Reply #1 - 03/06/08 at 20:26:46

Hello. the ford and chevy rockers are different lengths,the ford being longer and suitable for AMC. As far as pushrod length, that is determined by the arching of rocker. please check out MID-LIFT.com, very good info, must read in my opinion, You will get many different opinions on procedure,but please check out the site. P.S. I know we have a couple of harland sharp dealers here, appreciate the info....mike

Email   IP Logged
speedy94z
AMCer

Ducks eat free at
Subway

Shakopee, MN
Reply #2 - 02/22/09 at 00:30:27

Funny you mention "foot and a half" pushrod length to get these things to work. I'm building a 401 and went with the comp rockers and ran into the same problem. I'm not sure on the pushrod length off the top off my head, but it made me uneasy. I think I'm going to switch to the harland sharps since I've heard a lot of good things about them.

Email   IP Logged
BBGJC
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Northern VA
Reply #3 - 03/22/09 at 00:02:22

Another nice set of roller rockers are Indy's. They know AMC's and I think they run around $240 a set. Worked great in my 390 w/ Edelbrock heads. I found the guys at Indy to be very honest and didn't  try to sell items or products that weren't needed. They even recommended the Edelbrock's over their own heads fro my engine set up.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print