The AMC Forum - Here's some pics from this weekend

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
08/02/14 at 08:33:46
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Here's some pics from this weekend (Read 4432 times)
jeeper4life
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Belgrade, MT
Here's some pics from this weekend
02/23/09 at 15:05:06

Grin Wow this sure was fun.  I got to go snow wheelin' with my buddies this weekend.  The snow was about 3 to 6 feet deep.  I got buried twice as you can see in the pics.  My tracks are on the far right where my buddy was standing in the picture.  My 401 was putting out whatever it could give me for the 7 ft. snow drift.  My friend was already standing on top of 2 feet of snow already.  I had my tires aired down to 2 lbs. the whole day.  Never lost a bead though.  Anyway, here they are.  Erik

Email   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Re: Here's some pics from this weekend
Reply #1 - 02/23/09 at 22:51:01

ok, thats just mean.........I'm going to have to go work on mine now, you're making me jealous, quit it

Email rambling_rebel_70   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #2 - 02/25/09 at 06:23:33

Man that looks like huge FUN! My kid is thinking it is awesome. He has been checking for lift kits for his Wagoneer. Smiley SH

Low comp bridge pivot motors go fast too! Lots of 1978-80 AMX's, Nurse Bobbis' race car "Wild Thing", Mr. Happyfaces' "Trouble Maker" & many other AMC's. NAMDRA #2398 AMO#8370 Northstar AMC #09
Email   IP Logged
JYDtoo
Forum Junkie

Austin,TX
Reply #3 - 02/25/09 at 06:42:00

What's that white stuff on the ground?

Real men drive Ramblers
Email   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #4 - 02/25/09 at 06:46:12

It's what is winter for you guys, the rest of us have to suffer with alot more!  SadSH

Low comp bridge pivot motors go fast too! Lots of 1978-80 AMX's, Nurse Bobbis' race car "Wild Thing", Mr. Happyfaces' "Trouble Maker" & many other AMC's. NAMDRA #2398 AMO#8370 Northstar AMC #09
Email   IP Logged
JYDtoo
Forum Junkie

Austin,TX
Reply #5 - 02/25/09 at 06:52:46

Winter my azz..........we got snow in Texas about 10 years ago.......melted the next day

Real men drive Ramblers
Email   IP Logged
FuzzFace2
Forum Veteran

So many parts to
buy, so little money
to buy them!

Stamford, CT
Reply #6 - 02/25/09 at 13:39:27

Quote from JYDtoo on 02/25/09 at 06:52:46:
Winter my azz..........we got snow in Texas about 10 years ago.......melted the next day
I also heard parts are getting 90*+ temps in Feb. no less cry
Dave ----

75 GremlinX v8 64k 4sale
76 GremlinX i6 (sons)
70 Javelin street car 390/4sp (360/T5 now)
70 Javelin 1/4 Drag car 360/auto
Email Old Fuzz Face2   IP Logged
JYDtoo
Forum Junkie

Austin,TX
Reply #7 - 02/25/09 at 18:40:15

windows open and sweating today  Shocked

Real men drive Ramblers
Email   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #8 - 02/26/09 at 01:24:19

hey, JYDtoo....I'm tired of storing your snow....I just had to shovel and walk through 3 feet of it to get to my BBQ to do my steak.......I think its time you came and got it......

ps. make sure you're in 4-wheel drive

jeeper4life
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Belgrade, MT
Reply #9 - 02/28/09 at 13:43:27

Quote from JYDtoo on 02/25/09 at 06:42:00:
What's that white stuff on the ground?

Just really, really cold sand.  We get alot of this "sand" between October and May.  It doesn't quite seem as firm as regular sand though.  Grin

Email   IP Logged
jeeper4life
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Belgrade, MT
Reply #10 - 02/28/09 at 13:48:50

Quote from rambling_rebel on 02/26/09 at 01:24:19:
hey, JYDtoo....I'm tired of storing your snow....I just had to shovel and walk through 3 feet of it to get to my BBQ to do my steak.......I think its time you came and got it......

ps. make sure you're in 4-wheel drive

Is this a good snow year for you guys up there.  Last year we had record snow fall, like 7 to 10 feet up in the mountains.  It made snow wheeling very difficult.  I can't imagine not having snow on Christmas.  We went to Dallas Texas to visit my wifes dad for thanksgiving a couple of years ago as it just wasn't right at 75 degrees. Erik

Email   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #11 - 02/28/09 at 18:17:03

we "apparantly" had record snow fall last year. I do remember something about breaking all time "low" temperatures a few days last year (I was thinking about email Al Gore to discuss his whole Global Warming theory).

this year I have had the same amount of snow as last year x 3 (came, melted, came, melted and then came and has near melted) I used to own a 10 acre hobby farm, think when all this goes away, I'll own a 10 acre lake......I'd stock it with fish, but the black angus cattle might not appreciate it. we've had some REALLY cold temps this year , but I think last year was the record for the coldness

the snow is sort of like I remember from the early '70s. I'm just glad the Toronto Mayor didn't call in the military to clear the streets again, I hear our boyz and gals in the military have more important stuff to do than shovel Toronto streets.

AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #12 - 03/01/09 at 02:54:49

-26 this morning and warmed up to -5 so it wasn't too bad, definately not sweating here. Snow wheeling would be a little too much today it is blowing 25-30 mph winds, hard to see to drive in open area's, like out on the lake today at work it was really blowing some white outs.SH

Email   IP Logged
390spirit
Forum Veteran

Supercharged?

N Dighton, MA
Reply #13 - 03/01/09 at 13:52:17

its snowing right now and over the next 2 days we are suppose to get 8-14''  

i look at it as ''penny's from heaven''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi2yArp5Ezg

390spirit

« Last Edit: 03/01/09 at 17:10:04 by 390spirit »  

X275 RTCTTFMF
Email   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #14 - 03/01/09 at 14:56:57

Your right, especially for us plow truck guys! Would be nice if it warmed some, at least the furnace would stop running once in awhile. It is -30 now, but no wind. Supposed to warm up to 0 in next few days so it can snow again. SH

Email   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #15 - 03/02/09 at 00:18:17

don't get me wrong, I think being a canuck, I should like the winter, I just think it'd be nice to have a kinder, gentler winter for a year or two to let us regroup for the next one. It just seems to be getting snowier and colder and it kinda makes me want to have our gov't renegotiate the whole "free Trade Agreement" with oh, I don't know, swapping or "trading" one winter with say.....Texas, just so THEY can enjoy the feeling........I know they get "hurricanes" down there, but I'm sure we've had tornadoes here run just north of me and I mean "just" north of me, where I felt a need to check to make sure the house and rambler museum didn't shift on its foundation....

back to the thread.....are these pics of a bunch of four wheelers just "out and about" or do you fellows and gals do this as an organized thingie? my 20 year old daughter is REALLY driving me nutz with her TJ and wanting "winches, tubular bumpers, stereos, bigger tires, higher lift, etc" taking my attention away from my Machine, AMX and J10 upgrades.....darn kids....

jeeper4life
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Belgrade, MT
Reply #16 - 03/02/09 at 03:24:56

A friend of mine came down from Whitefish, Montana in the yellow toyota to go wheeling so I had planned on going up Flathead pass so we were fueling up and the mountaineers were across the street grouping up to do a Maudlow to Ringling snow run.  When I told them we were going up to Flathead they ditched they're plans and went up with us.  The mountaineers are a local 4 wheeling club.  They do 1 trail ride per month.  Here's some more pictures.  Erik  
P.S.  I threw in a picture of a jeep I built up on the Dakota territory challenge flexin' it up.  Really big rocks.  I'm going with him this year. Grin

Email   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #17 - 03/02/09 at 13:06:45

Wow that looks like great fun! It's been along time since there has been a Toyota that age around here, most are gone from the windows down. The Jeep looks great in that pose by the way. It is -30 this Mon morn Mar 2. I would be happy to send some winter South if anyone wants it JYD? R Rebel- a few good winters would make all the Rif Raf move North, as it is now the best theft deterrent system. If it is -30 the car won't start to get stolen Grin GrinAll you have to do is not plug it in! It is Great to hear your daughter is very excited about the Jeep- My son would have a great time with a girl like that. Too bad is 8 years younger Sad SH

Email   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #18 - 03/02/09 at 16:19:56

mr instigator......GOOD point.....had trouble getting Massey Ferguson tractor going saturday even after being plugged in and shooting a quick shot of ether into it.....when it did start, I'm sure in tractor language it was cursing me (and I didn't think it was THAT cold out Saturday-20c with wind chill or something like that and that was our HIGH)

my daughter seems to come home with something different every day for her TJ (and my Jeep dealership pal isn't helping, he's corrupting her every day) I've had a set of chrome tubular bumpers stored in my main floor family room (don't ask) for the last 3 months and she announced a few dayz ago she wants the same bumpers but with a winch bracket (the kicker is she won't sell her these bumpers until she gets her new, new set and has been bugging me for a month to figure out a winch for her)

and jeeper4life......i will not show my daughter any of these photos.....you'll just be corrupting her too......she's already bugging for bigger tire and more lift. she's already got the 3-4" lift and 33" tires - winter and summer tires and rims 3 tops (its my jeep dealers old 2000 tj so its got alot of stuff already done to it - locker rear, all kinds of suspension stuff and a bunch of Rubicon stuff on it....) makes my eyes bleed and she blames me for this addiction????

FuzzFace2
Forum Veteran

So many parts to
buy, so little money
to buy them!

Stamford, CT
Reply #19 - 03/02/09 at 16:55:34

Quote from rambling_rebel on 03/02/09 at 16:19:56:
my daughter seems to come home with something different every day for her TJ (and my Jeep dealership pal isn't helping, he's corrupting her every day) I've had a set of chrome tubular bumpers stored in my main floor family room (don't ask) for the last 3 months and she announced a few dayz ago she wants the same bumpers but with a winch bracket (the kicker is she won't sell her these bumpers until she gets her new, new set and has been bugging me for a month to figure out a winch for her)
makes my eyes bleed and she blames me for this addiction????
You know it’s real easy to stop her in her tracks. Tell her like my old man told me and I tell my 19 year old son now, “If you got the money & the time to do the work go for it. I don’t mind giving you a hand to change over the parts but I am not buying every thing you want”.

I tell you every car or truck and every thing I have done to them was paid for & work done by me. So far it is working for my son too. Yes once in a wile I my help out with money but it is more for day to day stuff like gas money to get to work & back.
He is on a kick of a jeep/truck 4x4 with big lift & wheels and I keep telling him it is not the way to go as it is not needed or can be used around here. A truck like that is a bear to drive around and need to go 2+ hr to off road and we will not talk about gas they suck up!

BTW he was 13 or so I did the "You pick out and pay for it" when my son wanted to build his first desktop PC from scrach. He did pretty good but we had to down grade some parts and I did give him some $$ but he paid for 75% of it & put it all together, It is a good leson.
That’s my .02
Dave ----

75 GremlinX v8 64k 4sale
76 GremlinX i6 (sons)
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #20 - 03/02/09 at 17:50:42

FF2 i totally agree, but she's got it bad. She holds down 3 jobs (looks after an autistic kid, works at a day care and works at a pet food store) to do all this.....she helps me with it, but I'm the worker bee (and my dealer pal gets her going too). Whenever I'm hanging out at my jeep dealership pals place and she hears about it she drops everything and heads there.  

I've been collecting ramblers, amcs and jeeps for 30+ years and I'm scared shes getting ready to bypass me for all the parts (tires, rims, tops, bumpers, engines, etc) that gets stored around here

i'm just glad she got that stoopid Neon off my property, sometimes I couldn't make out whether that was a snowdrift or the neon in the driveway  

Terry runs the local Jeep Jamboree up here but it was sponsored somewhat by Chrysler Canada and I think it "may" be a program that won't be running this year but I could be mistaken (its probably just my luck, I was thinking of sending all my ladies there in their Jeeps to get off-road experience)

FuzzFace2
Forum Veteran

So many parts to
buy, so little money
to buy them!

Stamford, CT
Reply #21 - 03/02/09 at 21:05:14

It’s all good, some times kids today just want want want and don’t do any work for it.
In her case it sounds like she is a hard worker and needs a “reward” in the form of Jeep parts Wink

My dad did the same too. I would not go on vacation with the family and stay home to work in the family buss. So if there was any extra money I could go racing 4x4’s using company 4x4 & tow rig. Yes he knew what I was doing kind of hard to take a big ford van, 35 ft 2 car trailer & the jeep with cage for the weekend  Wink
Dave ----

75 GremlinX v8 64k 4sale
76 GremlinX i6 (sons)
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #22 - 03/02/09 at 22:45:24

I'm still trying to figure out how to store this &*%$#*&^% soft top effectively.......tried 3 times.....nothing, I don't think, has ever made me feel so stoopid....its taking up what seems to be 2 parking spots in my garage......I think I can almost figure it out, but it involves a plasma cutter and a pair of upholstery shears

and you KNOW once I figure it out it'll be summer and she'll want it on the jeeeeep and I'll need to find an decent way to store the hardtop

and don't get me going about the 3 sets of summer rims and tires UNDER the hoist as it was the only place to store THEM from the 3 ladies jeeps....

I almost feel like throwing my Wireshark sniffer on the home neotwork and sniff her packets so I can have a "hint" of what I need to store for her next....

FuzzFace2
Forum Veteran

So many parts to
buy, so little money
to buy them!

Stamford, CT
Reply #23 - 03/03/09 at 03:53:05

Soft tops should fold up and be maybe 4 to 6 in. thick. You can then stick it against the wall no? Down here the we used hard tops till it gets above 40*f then it was the bikini top. Hard top sat in the yard till it went below 40*f and it went back on.  
I had a dune buggy that the soft top ripped so I ran it with out any top. Again above 40* and we would take it out. No top made it fun in the rain when you stopped for lights other wise it was fun.
Dave ----

75 GremlinX v8 64k 4sale
76 GremlinX i6 (sons)
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #24 - 03/03/09 at 05:44:01

Very good to hear she works hard to have what she wants. It is your Fault, or right to be proud! Good job on your part to create interest in her. My son is 12 now and has works in the garage all the time. His tube chassis Gremlin is paid for by him, as he goes. He also has 3 AMX's, I purchased one for him 4 months before he was born and the other 6 months after he was born. He bought the third himself, also a special block, 2 401 engines. The kid is relentless, works very hard for what he wants! Both his mom and me are very proud of his ability, and drive to do the best he can. He has been parting out Jeeps since he was 5 years old, and finally removed his first engine at 8 chain hoist and all. He bought a 401 wagoneer last fall, and was having a great time in the mud by our house. He drives very well, I think the go-cart was good training. Maybe some of the influence from our family racing and showing cars has been a part in his interest as well. Either way I think it is great to hear of other kids that are CAR-Jeep crazy. He has had 8 Jeeps so far, that he parted out to save stuff for his Jacked up Big tire Cherokee Cheif or a J-truck. He just loves the 4 wheeling photo's especially the Wagoneer!SH

Email   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #25 - 03/03/09 at 12:39:18

if I could turn the clock back, I would have a couple of Cherokee Chiefs here and not GW's........they are so cool, especially tricked out (although I like a decently dressed GW, the 2-door ones just look that much better)

I suppose it is my fault, I have memories of her "tooling" around in the back field in my GW's and Eagle station waggon when she was 12-13. my wife was all freaky about it but you couldn't wipe the smile off my daughters face.

FF2 if I put the hardtop on the lawn for storage during the summer, with the wind I get here, You would own it and it would be on YOUR front lawn, my neighbour 400ft away has owned my patio furniture more than once and I've owned his cattles weather protection building and cattle more than once (I'm not sure but I think one of my neighbours is actually producing the wind/ weather and when I find out who it is......)

I gotta go, "she" brought home something again last night and I needs to go figure out what it is and how to install it

chickenman
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Feversham, ONT
Reply #26 - 03/04/09 at 14:35:21

Check out the 73 jeep truck with 19k forsale on our internet classifieds.Garry

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print