The AMC Forum - Serta

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
08/21/14 at 10:08:09
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Serta (Read 799 times)
SC397
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Blissfield, MI
Serta
06/01/09 at 03:27:19

Ok, this is a retro story but still a fun one to tell....  Back in the early '80's my bro had a black and rust (not the color, the holes) '74 Hornet Hatch with a 304 which he proceeded to overheat beyond yepair.  I happened to have a 360 and a pair of 91C's heads so I built him a engine.  I polished the heads and balanced the pistons and rods with a scale.  The apitimy of a budget build.  I didn't really even know what I was doing then.  I polished the crank with emery cloth... (at least I plastigaged it and it was good)  Anyway, Comp 268H cam polished heads, Highly modified free flow manifolds and a AFB from something or other.  We had my uncle go through a 727 and add a shift kit of coarse.  I don't even know what gear that car had in it but I tell you that SOB would run!!!!  We called it "Serta" because it was the perfect sleeper.  2 kill stories...  Some hot 60's chevy truck with 350/350.  Street racing, every stop light for like 5 lights... The guy went home.  the best one was a '69 351 Mach 1 Mustang...  Nothing but Hornet tail lights.  I bet he never told anybody about that loss...

Email   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Re: Serta
Reply #1 - 06/01/09 at 03:31:13

I bet he chose to forget that one  Grin Grin Grin for sure! SH

Low comp bridge pivot motors go fast too! Lots of 1978-80 AMX's, Nurse Bobbis' race car "Wild Thing", Mr. Happyfaces' "Trouble Maker" & many other AMC's. NAMDRA #2398 AMO#8370 Northstar AMC #09
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print