The AMC Forum - no idea

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
04/17/14 at 10:19:18
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
no idea (Read 3710 times)
390spirit
Forum Veteran

Supercharged?

N Dighton, MA
no idea
08/09/09 at 15:18:20

in the past week or so sense i got the car painted its been called

a pinto
a chevette
a citation
a dodge omni
a dodge pinto from some over served fool  Smiley who when i said ''its an AMC'' he said who makes it dodge  Roll Eyes
only on friday night did someone get close and called it a AMC AMX Wink so i kindly corrected them and explained that its just a regular spirit but they did make them AMX's also

there's no name badges on it anywhere except on the glove box door Wink

X275 RTCTTFMF
Email   IP Logged
Hurst390
Site Moderator
High Performance

Bret Kepner Photo
Barry Allen Engine
BIG Headers

Oreana, IL
Re: no idea
Reply #1 - 08/09/09 at 15:56:01

I hear pinto alot... Grin

80 AMX 2950# Iron Head 420 N/A Jerico 4-speed street legal

1.277 60ft. 5.95 116.38
9's at 145.11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrvmmXXoxAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CQprfva4Tg
Email WWW   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #2 - 08/09/09 at 16:07:09

I beat a speeding ticket, err, um, I mean traffic ticket, when the police officer wrote Dodge Coronet when I got stopped in one of my Machines back in the '70s

Email rambling_rebel_70   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #3 - 08/09/09 at 17:42:09

I hear Pinto alot too Grin Along with Vega, Mustang, Bobcat, Camero, and at least some have the right family and call it a Gremlin, or a Pacer Grin Grin SH

Low comp bridge pivot motors go fast too! Lots of 1978-80 AMX's, Nurse Bobbis' race car "Wild Thing", Mr. Happyfaces' "Trouble Maker" & many other AMC's. NAMDRA #2398 AMO#8370 Northstar AMC #09
Email   IP Logged
Turbo Tom
Forum Junkie
High Performance

Rustoleum Rambler

Stephenson, VA
Reply #4 - 08/14/09 at 16:42:44

I would have thought Plymouth Arrow for the Spirit

1979 Spirit
Building a Boosted 2.5 Four.
I am not very smart!
Email WWW   IP Logged
TheTortus
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Council Bluffs, IA
Reply #5 - 08/15/09 at 19:57:02

What's a Plymouth Arrow?  Wink Grin

If you can't get behind our troops. Feel free to stand infront of them!!!
Email   IP Logged
dsittler
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

St Clements, Ontario
Reply #6 - 08/25/09 at 18:12:07

I have a Viper yellow 79 Spirit with no badging on it and I get alot of "What is that?" I take it as a compliment just because in the car shows and cruise nights that I have been too and being surrounded by Camaro's, Mustangs, Chevelle's, Nova's, Corvette's and numerous "Fast & Furious" wannabe's it's great to have a car thats different. I bought this car to be different after being on the verge of buying a last generation Trans Am.  
Attending many car shows and cruise nights I have always enjoyed the cars that were off the beaten track of what is usually out there. These owners are generally are more creative and resourcefull which shows in their cars.

It's good to be different!

Derek

Email   IP Logged
390spirit
Forum Veteran

Supercharged?

N Dighton, MA
Reply #7 - 08/28/09 at 21:54:06

had a guy come over last night at the Bass Pro Shops show and while putting a flyer in my car said ''nice vega''  Grin my wife promptly corrected him Cool

then someone else was asking if it use to be 4wd  undecided  

i also like the not so common cars Derek, everyone's got a mustang or camaro in there yard now a days.

a couple guys were disagreeing with me when i told them its a spirit, they said no its a gremlin and didn't know it was mine i just happen to walk back to the car and heard them, then my boy and i started messin with them and walked around it like we were checking it out and my boy goes ''i know what it is its a Dodge Pinto'' you should have seen them look at us Grin

X275 RTCTTFMF
Email   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #8 - 08/29/09 at 04:06:31

A bunch of years back, a dad was telling his kid all about AMC's at a car show I attended with one of our 79 AMX's. He told about the 390 and 4 speed his buddy had, and how fast it was and AMC made a 4x4 car, so the kid looks at the AMX, [with big huge N-50-15 in the rear, and some pizza cutter front tires]and says, so like this thing is 4 wheel drive then? To which his dad says yeah, my buddies was made the year before Grin Grin Grin I just left well enough alone.  Grin Grin SH

Low comp bridge pivot motors go fast too! Lots of 1978-80 AMX's, Nurse Bobbis' race car "Wild Thing", Mr. Happyfaces' "Trouble Maker" & many other AMC's. NAMDRA #2398 AMO#8370 Northstar AMC #09
Email   IP Logged
Ex-Government Rebel
AMCrazy

Secretly longs to be
a stand-up comedian

Grants Pass, OR
Reply #9 - 09/03/09 at 20:19:36

Quote from rambling_rebel on 08/09/09 at 16:07:09:
I beat a speeding ticket, err, um, I mean traffic ticket, when the police officer wrote Dodge Coronet when I got stopped in one of my Machines back in the '70s

I got Coronet-ed the other day.  I just cheerily said "Nope, AMC Rebel".  You should have seen the guy's jaw drop.  It was like I had said it was a Maserati or something.  What's funny is, the person I was there to talk to decided to one-up me by interjecting that she had just sold her 67 Corvette to her daughter.  Yeah, I don't mind someone having to pull out the split-window Corvette to one-up the G-car.  That's alright.

Personally, I don't think Rebels look anything like Coronets.

'68 Rebel 550 - 232 Auto - 4 Door just under 90k in '09
'77 IHC Scout II Diesel - 198 I6 - 160k
'70 Mercury Cougar - 351C - 70k (caretaker)
Email   IP Logged
amcrules00
AMCrazy

'73 F1 Z-code

Deep in the heart of AMC
Reply #10 - 09/04/09 at 13:06:07

So I'm at the gas station fueling up in my '73 Jav/AMX, which is always a real PITA. This guy pulls up to the traffic light on a loud ass Harley. While waiting for the light he sees me and starts screaming to his girl on the back of his bike...HEY...LOOK...IT...IT's...IT'SA...AAAAH...MATADOR!!! Shocked  MATADOR??? That's a first! Everybody else pumping gas is looking at me like why is this guy screaming at you?  undecided So now he's sitting over there gloating because in his mind he remembered it like it was yesterday. My guess is yesterday, just like today, he was stoned!  Grin Is a Matador considered even being close to a humpster? NOT! The flying brick, Oleg Cassini, and opera windows be darned! This aint no round tracker, don't he know this does more than turn left? My P-code won every Trans Am race single handedly? Cheesy I just shook my head. When his light turned green of course, he had to give me the pipes, which confirmed in my mind that he was an idiot. I supposed I got the pipes because I didn't run over there and give him a high five or something for nailing it! In hindsight, I really feel sorry for his girl.  cry She must have really bad luck picking men! Roll Eyes

Email   IP Logged
Ex-Government Rebel
AMCrazy

Secretly longs to be
a stand-up comedian

Grants Pass, OR
Reply #11 - 09/04/09 at 22:18:44

Quote from amcrules00 on 09/04/09 at 13:06:07:
...HEY...LOOK...IT...IT's...IT'SA...AAAAH...MATADOR!!! Shocked  MATADOR???

Smiley That's hillarious!

'68 Rebel 550 - 232 Auto - 4 Door just under 90k in '09
'77 IHC Scout II Diesel - 198 I6 - 160k
'70 Mercury Cougar - 351C - 70k (caretaker)
Email   IP Logged
70AMXWI
AMCrazy

Burlington, WI
Reply #12 - 09/09/09 at 21:06:49

I hate the harley pipes.  If I drove around in my car with open pipes I'd be ticketed in a heartbeat.   I have, when driving by a harley, open the electric cutouts and hit it.
Just to get back for all the times I need to listen to those awful sounding things.

70 AMX 401 727
66 Rambler Classic 4dr luxury liner
Email   IP Logged
amcrules00
AMCrazy

'73 F1 Z-code

Deep in the heart of AMC
Reply #13 - 09/12/09 at 01:38:45

Quote from 70AMXWI on 09/09/09 at 21:06:49:
I hate the harley pipes.  If I drove around in my car with open pipes I'd be ticketed in a heartbeat.   I have, when driving by a harley, open the electric cutouts and hit it.
Just to get back for all the times I need to listen to those awful sounding things.

Huh Oh hell yeah! I wan't cutouts too, how do you like 'em? What brand are you running?

Email   IP Logged
390spirit
Forum Veteran

Supercharged?

N Dighton, MA
Reply #14 - 09/12/09 at 13:16:43

Quote from Ex-Government Rebel on 09/03/09 at 20:19:36:
Quote from rambling_rebel on 08/09/09 at 16:07:09:

I got Coronet-ed the other day.  I just cheerily said "Nope, AMC Rebel".  You should have seen the guy's jaw drop.  It was like I had said it was a Maserati or something.  What's funny is, the person I was there to talk to decided to one-up me by interjecting that she had just sold her 67 Corvette to her daughter. Yeah, I don't mind someone having to pull out the split-window Corvette to one-up the G-car.  That's alright.
Personally, I don't think Rebels look anything like Coronets.

too bad the 67 isn't a split window  Shocked

the split window was a 63, one year only  Wink

390spirit

X275 RTCTTFMF
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print