The AMC Forum - javelin teases civic

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
08/27/14 at 20:57:40
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
javelin teases civic (Read 1427 times)
maguai
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Elizabeth City, NC
javelin teases civic
10/15/09 at 14:46:02

... this is an old story but still funny to me... the first javelin i ever had  was a 71 sst.. with a 258.. oh yeah.. it could hardly get out of its own way. but it looked fast, i had a 73 amx parts car that was in a side collision.. so i used the spoiler and fiberglass hood on the sst. i put some big fat tires and new paint and looked like it could eat just about anything on the street... one evening i pulled up to a red light in town and i hear what sounded like a pissed off bumble beside me.. a couple of kids in a riced out civic was taunting me.. "lets go on green man lets go on green" they yelled... i just smiled... light turned green... the civic chirped as the clutch was dropped and the little car sccoted on by... i just took off nice and easy... the next light was the same again...  "come on man.. show us what you got... you chicken...."... once again i just smiled... light turned green... civic chirped and sputtered ahead.. this time he slowed to even up with my roxanne..  tapping the gas over and over still taunting me.. i looked over.. smiled and shrugged my shoulders.. put on my blinker and turned into a store parking lot...
     as i got out of the car i noticed the little civic flying into the parking lot.. he aparently wasnt satisfied..... he pulls up beside me and gets out...
".. hey man, that thing is beautiful ... what is it?...  so I thanked him and explained that it was a amc javelin... he looked a little puzzled and then asked.. " hey man... whatcya got under the hood of that thing?....  and once again i just smiled and said.. "enough".... chuckled a little and said " see ya around guys".. and headed for the store....
then i heard his friend say... " you know that thing would have destroyed you?".. and he said "yeah, i know.. but it would be been awesome"...
so it was kind of a victory by the way of a psych out... bad thing is he probably would have beat me....  

Email   IP Logged
amxdreamer
Site Moderator

Proud member of the
WINNING team Smurf!

Vancouver, British Columbia
Re: javelin teases civic
Reply #1 - 10/17/09 at 04:27:17

Nothing wrong with leaving it that way. Any pics of the car?

Tony

2009 Ford F150 SuperdooperCrew
1970 AMX
Email   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #2 - 10/18/09 at 15:20:23

You got him beat in his head, that is half the battle. Funny story Smiley SH

Low comp bridge pivot motors go fast too! Lots of 1978-80 AMX's, Nurse Bobbis' race car "Wild Thing", Mr. Happyfaces' "Trouble Maker" & many other AMC's. NAMDRA #2398 AMO#8370 Northstar AMC #09
Email   IP Logged
69AMX
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Grass Valley, CA
Reply #3 - 06/27/10 at 02:32:09

Hahaha love it.......... Grin

A&L Automotive
7252 Stockton Blvd
Sacramento CA 95823
(916) 428-5744
Email   IP Logged
purpleheart
Forum Veteran

10.9's are getting
closer

Orangeville, ONT
Reply #4 - 06/27/10 at 03:03:00

That story reminds me when I had a stock 360 Javelin years ago and got faked out by a guy with a radical looking Nova parked at a local hangout . I didn't think my car had enough to take this car on so I declined his offer to race me . He finally fires it up to leave and it turns out to have a stock 6 cyl . My car would've killed this Nova but it sure looked fast . Did he ever suck me in  Grin Grin Grin

Paul

Best time 11.09 @ 119.32 mph 1.51 60ft on M/T 28/11.5-15 slicks

Best ET 11.09 , Best mph 119.32 , Best 60ft 1.49
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print