The AMC Forum - AMC Eagle rally car?

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
04/21/14 at 04:38:37
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AMC Eagle rally car? (Read 3573 times)
Scotty
AMCrazy

A man in black on a
snow white horse.

Newark, NY
AMC Eagle rally car?
12/21/09 at 15:04:20

I've al;ways been intrested in the thought of turning an Eagle into a rally machine.  Does anyone think it would be possible to do so?  Is the car strong enough to handel the riggors of off-road rally racing?  I'm mainly conserned with the t-case, as I've heard they aren't the greatest when put under a lot of stress...

Also, can anyone give me anymore info on these pictures?

I've already got a few ideas in my head, but will need to look at a rule book befor I can actually set anything in stone.

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." -- Francis Bacon
Email   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Re: AMC Eagle rally car?
Reply #1 - 12/21/09 at 18:23:17

I have those pics on the wall in my garage. I say yes they are a good candidate for RR, they have a very solid body. The transfer cases are strong enough for 200 thousand miles, and 16 yr old boys torturing them with every way they can think of. There are good skid plates from the factory, gearing would be the only thing, but they can be changed, or if you find a 5 speed car, it will have lower gears, which should give plenty to race it. SH

Low comp bridge pivot motors go fast too! Lots of 1978-80 AMX's, Nurse Bobbis' race car "Wild Thing", Mr. Happyfaces' "Trouble Maker" & many other AMC's. NAMDRA #2398 AMO#8370 Northstar AMC #09
Email   IP Logged
TheTortus
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Council Bluffs, IA
Reply #2 - 12/22/09 at 15:18:09

this video shows they can handle a little stress.  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IIw2lvfX2E

If you can't get behind our troops. Feel free to stand infront of them!!!
Email   IP Logged
EagleSX
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Madison, OH
Reply #3 - 02/13/13 at 18:28:17

i cloned one with the decals with help from pictures from Mark Henderson Detroit area (son of Gene Henderson)   Google the image Eagle SX4, his 82 Eagle on there.   Sold it to a guy who drove it to Washington DC at Xmas time.  Not sure how to add a photo Sad
geezohman77 at the yahoo dot com

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print