The AMC Forum - ws racing fiberglass

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
04/18/14 at 15:39:14
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ws racing fiberglass (Read 1637 times)
xstatic
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Dayton, Ohio
ws racing fiberglass
01/31/10 at 21:12:21

I recently discovered that this company produces a limited amount of fiberglass parts for the 70 amx.  Does anyone have experience with them? I ran a search but did not find anything recent. (The long term search did not function correctly)

WS Racing Fiberglass is located in Northeast Ohio.  http://www.wsracingfiberglass.com/products.htm

Xstatic

Email   IP Logged
Hornet_X
Ex Member

Re: ws racing fiberglass
Reply #1 - 01/31/10 at 23:09:57

My friend Dick Rose,  
bought a pair of the glass doors for his AMX.
he was very happy with the fitment and Quality of them!
Mike

IP Logged
xstatic
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Dayton, Ohio
Reply #2 - 02/01/10 at 19:12:23

Mike,  

Thanks for the quick response! Have you seen the doors?  I researched a bit more, after intially finding them, and the reviews were either good or bad.  I speculate that some of the bad reviews were confused about the company in question or just one of those individuals that isn't happy with anything. But as I said, it was my assessment and pure speculation.  

I have not talked to the "new owner of Frank's molds" yet.  

Anyone else have anything to add?

Xstatic

Email   IP Logged
Hornet_X
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/01/10 at 20:58:02

Xstatic,
here is a link to a video of his car. The hood is a Frank's hood, ( he was very unhappy with it).
If you would like to speak to Dick about the doors, feel free to send me a Pm, and i will give you his daytime phone number, he will be more then happy to give you his input, and  also who for sure he bought the doors from. i am 99.9% sure it is from the co. you are asking about!
Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ruF4mA76M

IP Logged
xstatic
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Dayton, Ohio
Reply #4 - 02/02/10 at 17:35:24

Mike,  

Thanks for the link to the video! Is Dick going to GAD this year?  I think I've seen that car there before.  From the video, the fitment looks spot on and the reflections in the beginning don't really show any kind of waviness. The bottom rear edge of the door even seems to fit perfectly.  I appreciate your help with this.

Quinn

Email   IP Logged
Hornet_X
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/02/10 at 17:47:50

Quinn,, Yes Dick and his son, and even Dick's Brother (jim) in the blue Cuda will be @ GAD this year.. Dick, is the trophy sponsor for the event! Smiley
Mike

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print