The AMC Forum - Phoenix Graphix 4-AMC's

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
04/23/14 at 20:36:21
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Phoenix Graphix 4-AMC's (Read 1871 times)
amcrules00
AMCrazy

'73 F1 Z-code

Deep in the heart of AMC
Phoenix Graphix 4-AMC's
04/05/10 at 23:49:23

Posted here as a source for repro factory AMC graphics. http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/amc.htm#javelin

Email   IP Logged
343sharpstick
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Cleveland, WI
Re: Phoenix Graphix 4-AMC's
Reply #1 - 04/06/10 at 00:30:20

Have you used their stuff? If so, is the quality OK?
 Huh

Email   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #2 - 04/06/10 at 03:06:02

I have, very good, just remember to take your time, and get good razor blades that are sharp, and to have plenty of soapy water. The slide on gell works good forthe 79 AMX hood decals Smiley  But the Gremlin X and SC/360 stripes just warm soapy water worked fine. SH

Low comp bridge pivot motors go fast too! Lots of 1978-80 AMX's, Nurse Bobbis' race car "Wild Thing", Mr. Happyfaces' "Trouble Maker" & many other AMC's. NAMDRA #2398 AMO#8370 Northstar AMC #09
Email   IP Logged
jnordness
AMCrazy

I finally own
another AMC!

Hobbieville, IN
Reply #3 - 04/07/10 at 01:30:43

I've got the 79 AMX Eagle on my hood, and the corners of the graphics are starting to peel up. It was already like that when I bought the car, so I don't know if it was just rough washing or if it's just the nature of the beast. It's hard to tell that it's doing it though unless you are looking across the hood.

1978 AMX w/ 258, Clifford intake and headers, 4bbl, 4 speed FOR SALE!
Email digitaldrifter   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #4 - 04/07/10 at 04:52:21

The flame on your hood, is is a NOS decal or a new one? The new AMX ones are a little more in the yellow dept. But otherwise look good, The reason I ask is because the old decals have a tendancy to lift at the edges, just not quite as good of glue from shelf life. SH

Low comp bridge pivot motors go fast too! Lots of 1978-80 AMX's, Nurse Bobbis' race car "Wild Thing", Mr. Happyfaces' "Trouble Maker" & many other AMC's. NAMDRA #2398 AMO#8370 Northstar AMC #09
Email   IP Logged
steeters
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Sacramento, CA
Reply #5 - 04/07/10 at 19:58:54

Does anyone know if the '70 Javelin C stripe is a good reproduction?
Thanks,

Steve

Steve Teeters 1970 Javelin 390 SST Hialeah Yellow Ram Air with Machine wheels. 401/TC727. Going into the college body shop for a new paint job and some body work.
Email   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #6 - 04/08/10 at 03:33:51

Steve, I cannot imagine it would not be, sincethe others I have bought and installed have been great, even for the Fords I have done for relatives. SH

Email   IP Logged
jnordness
AMCrazy

I finally own
another AMC!

Hobbieville, IN
Reply #7 - 04/09/10 at 01:43:08

Instigator: I was told it was the new Phoenix graphics kit. I just don't think the edges hold very well since they are pretty thin. I'll post some pics of my car sometime this century.   Tongue

1978 AMX w/ 258, Clifford intake and headers, 4bbl, 4 speed FOR SALE!
Email digitaldrifter   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #8 - 04/10/10 at 03:23:04

Don't feel bad, I take forever to get pictures posted, since I cannot do it, I have to wait for whenever Nurse Bobbi can fit it in her schedule.  I wonder if they did not get the glue and air squeezed at the tips, I have a few friends with Trans Ams that have been having good luck with theirs as well. SH

Email   IP Logged
amcdc79
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Burnaby B.C. Canada
Reply #9 - 11/01/10 at 22:37:05

I can vouch for Phoenix Graphics, as when I restored my 79 AMX I ordered the hood and door graphics from them. There are two different styles one for the black cars and the other for all of the other colours. The only thing to watch out for is if you live outside of the States make sure you ask them not to use UPS, FEDEX etc. as they all have a brokerage fee that is stupidly high. I learned my lesson, so when it came time to order the carpets and weatherstripping from Chicago, I made sure to ask them to ship USPS, which cost slightly more, but there was no surprises when they arrived.
The only other issue was that since I ordered the graphics two years before they went on the car, there was minor lifting on some of the edges of the decal.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print