The AMC Forum - 2010 NAMDRA Meet at Cordova

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
10/24/14 at 18:46:41
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
2010 NAMDRA Meet at Cordova (Read 5250 times)
Rebel Machine
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Quincy, IL
2010 NAMDRA Meet at Cordova
08/17/10 at 20:21:17

Anyone else going? I'm kind of in a bind. The AMX probably won't be ready and my tow vehicle ('94 F-150 with 148,000 miles) is having aches & pains. I could try to tow the old blue warrior (tired '70 Machine) and run in the street class. We'll see. Also be looking for a console shift steering column for my '69 Javelin project.  

I'll be there either racing or spectating.

-Steve-

Practice recycling.... restore an AMC!
Email   IP Logged
SC397
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Blissfield, MI
Re: 2010 NAMDRA Meet at Cordova
Reply #1 - 08/17/10 at 21:57:44

I am planning on bringing the Rot Rogue

Email   IP Logged
carbonfiberamc
AMCrazy
High Performance

San Antonio, TX
Reply #2 - 08/19/10 at 15:06:57

Definitely coming!  My brother and I are working on a new project just for Cordova.  It will be a mad thrash to finish, but that is how we usually get things done.  We will be cooking barbecue for Friday night.  Brisket, beans, stuffed jalapenos, and other sides.  Everyone is welcome to come by our pit and help yourselves.  I can't wait!

AMC Dragster, AMX, Machine, and some Gremmies
Email   IP Logged
klvn8r
Forum Junkie
High Performance

American Motors
Corporation

Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
Reply #3 - 08/19/10 at 18:02:08

Any chance we'll see the Schneider crew down in West again this October???   Huh

klvn8r

Too many lame-ass projects, not enough gumption to get them moving!!!
Email   IP Logged
mramc
AMCrazy
High Performance

American Motors
Corporation

Pahrump, NV
Reply #4 - 08/19/10 at 23:19:36

OK , we largely have the AMC Nationals T-shirt ready to go . Just found out it needs one little spelling correction on Dave Bies name but the t-shirt design for the 32nd Annual AMC Nationals  sponsored by NAMDRA at Cordova drag way is a go. We had requests to do the Nationals t-shirt in some thing other then White. The design is set up primarily to be on a white t-shirt. Most t-shirt design are except for Harley T-shirts setup for a white t-shirt. If people are wanting a different color t-shirt I having a few samples made of this years t-shirt design made in a few different colors to see how they look. Right now I'm having samples done in Lt. Blue,Yellow , Tan, Gray and Green. It's possible if there a ground swell of demand they may all be on a light gray shirt. Chuck Davis is talking about having some made in Yellow for his Hornet , and Dave Bies is wanting Gray, for his AMX race car. Any way the design should be below. LRDaum NAMDRA V-P

Email WWW mramc mramc none none none   IP Logged
StickShifter
Site Moderator
High Performance

8.009 & 170.30 @
2700# NA & 7.03
@ 198 w/N2O

Ypsilanti, MI
Reply #5 - 08/19/10 at 23:56:37

Now that's a shirt I will buy.  Make mine in XL gray.  Smiley
Who did the art work/drawing?
And one more thing, is that a "Photoshop-ed" picture of Dave's car or a start from scratch hand drawing?

http://youtu.be/z1zc7OK9wzs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk4XprI-rCA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtX6JZPfBi4
Email   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #6 - 08/20/10 at 02:44:54

Stephan would love them to be grey Smiley He has so much trouble keeping a white shirt clean, and brings several to the track each day. I like the grey idea as well, seems for some reason I end up changing into my spare shirt by noon each day too Grin So if grey is possible, excellent. If not possibly in the future.        The design looks just awesome Smiley Smiley Nice work on the detail. SH

Low comp bridge pivot motors go fast too! Lots of 1978-80 AMX's, Nurse Bobbis' race car "Wild Thing", Mr. Happyfaces' "Trouble Maker" & many other AMC's. NAMDRA #2398 AMO#8370 Northstar AMC #09
Email   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #7 - 08/20/10 at 02:46:47

Almost forgot, Steves original question. Yes we will be there for sure Smiley Smiley SH

Low comp bridge pivot motors go fast too! Lots of 1978-80 AMX's, Nurse Bobbis' race car "Wild Thing", Mr. Happyfaces' "Trouble Maker" & many other AMC's. NAMDRA #2398 AMO#8370 Northstar AMC #09
Email   IP Logged
StickShifter
Site Moderator
High Performance

8.009 & 170.30 @
2700# NA & 7.03
@ 198 w/N2O

Ypsilanti, MI
Reply #8 - 08/20/10 at 03:01:53

http://www.greyorgray.com/

When all else fails..

grAy is how it's spelled in America
grEy is how it's spelled in England

Wink

http://youtu.be/z1zc7OK9wzs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk4XprI-rCA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtX6JZPfBi4
Email   IP Logged
mramc
AMCrazy
High Performance

American Motors
Corporation

Pahrump, NV
Reply #9 - 08/20/10 at 15:22:16

The T-shirt design is pretty much hand drawn from photos by a man named Todd Sheffens. I've not personally met Todd, but his work speaks for itself. Definitely one of the best in the country on doing car shirt designs , and that is why we use him. Gray seems to be what people are favoring for a t-shirt color over white with tan trailing . I'd prefer the white or tan myself . I've never been a gray shirt fan. I'll talk to Jock Monday and make a decision then . Gray has no real difference in cost , so if people want gray then they get Gray. LRDaum

mramc
AMCrazy
High Performance

American Motors
Corporation

Pahrump, NV
Reply #10 - 08/21/10 at 22:05:46

Ok, Just to clarify things. I'm going to get samples of the different color possibilities for the t-shirt made of this year's t-shirt design. But sample, uno , singular one of each color that may work and it's coming out of my pocket , so my size. We'll look the sample(s) over at the various club meetings. OK You DO NOT Get to order any color you want for the t-shirt ! That being said the majority seems to want a gray t-shirt for this years meet. As I know from discussions with the shop doing the shirt , gray is no extra charge and after taking to Jock we've decided to do the GRAY t-shirt for all of them this year. I'm not fond of Gray myself , but I understand many wanting a shirt that shows less dirt, so one white one will be added to the sample(s) for comparison and contrast . WE usually pick the shirt up Thursday from the shop the week of the meet, as they are local to Cordova. I'm just giving the final go ahead Monday for the t-shirt order and it takes a bit of time to make all the shirts. LRDaum

AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #11 - 09/03/10 at 15:46:33

Well guys it is a week from today and we will be enjoying a great swap meet and great conversation, preparing for the evening races Smiley SH

Email   IP Logged
Rebel25A
Site Moderator
High Performance

USS Machine

Rushville, IN
Reply #12 - 09/03/10 at 15:53:54

I am looking for someone crossing through Indy on the way to deliver some parts for me to Cordova since I can't go...anyone??

Email WWW   IP Logged
abdywgn
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Darien, IL
Reply #13 - 09/03/10 at 23:59:09

Hope everybody has a safe trip to and from Cordova,a good time of fellowship and just plain enjoy yourselves without getting hurt!Bob

Email   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #14 - 09/04/10 at 03:45:24

Thanks Bob, and sorry you won't be able to make it Rob. SH

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print