The AMC Forum - What's a Jewell?

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
04/21/14 at 07:33:48
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What's a Jewell? (Read 1052 times)
MrEd
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Sewell, NJ
What's a Jewell?
02/21/11 at 14:46:56

Back last century, I had just gotten home from work (7:30 AM) at the ARCO terminal in NE philly when my buddies wife calls to ask me if I can run her and their son to the doctors since he has a terrible ear infection. I get dressed and jump in my BBO MD Javelin. I pick her up and she is sitting in the front seat cuddling her son and he is crying like crazy because he is such pain. I am driving really normally because the car is a magnet for the local fuzz. I come around this curve in the road and I am in traffic follwing the guy in front and we are all doing 35 in a 25 mike speed zone. All of a sudden a cop jumps out in front of me and flags me to the curb. I throw down on the brake and almost get rear ended by an old guy in a hat with fish hooks in it driving a '67 Comet Caliente 2 door sedan. The cop gives me a ticket but not the guy behind me. I explain to him that the screaming kid is in pain. He ignores me and gives me a ticket. Now he is standing richt there at the sail panel and looks at the script and writes the ticket for a 1970 Jewell! I show up in court and show the judge my registration and the ticket. I explain to him the circumstances behind ny trip and that the cop didn't read his radar correctly since he couldn't read the name on my car that was two feet away. The judge threw the case out.

Later!

Mr. Ed

You can learn as much from what isn't said, as you can from what is said.

Madam "X" 1977 AMX, 304 automatic
1979 Spirit GT, 258 4 speed
Email   IP Logged
Mr Man
Ex Member

Re: What's a Jewell?
Reply #1 - 02/22/11 at 20:21:29

That story is a real "jewel" Grin Love it.
 Steve

IP Logged
Iiro
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Eura, Finland
Re: What's a Jewell?
Reply #2 - 02/23/11 at 06:22:13

Love it!!!  Grin Grin Grin

1968 SST, came out 343, grew to 360, now 401.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print