The AMC Forum - Bill Dickerson AKA Joe Javelin

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
10/26/14 at 01:50:33
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bill Dickerson AKA Joe Javelin (Read 3371 times)
AMC PackRat
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Dixon, IL
Bill Dickerson AKA Joe Javelin
04/16/11 at 14:26:41

I really didn't want to start a new thread so here's a link to what was posted over on Mikey's joint.  There is a little profanity involved so if that's a problem here or you guys don't like the content let me know and I'll delete it.  Let's just say my opinion of Bill Dickerson has dropped considerably in the last 6 months or so.    Smiley

http://amcdragracing.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=852

73 Ambassador 2 door - 360/727 - daily driver
68 Javelin - to be parted soon
68 Javelin SST 343- parted
70 Donohue Javelin - 360/AW4 - current project
69 AMX - 390/4 speed - long-term project
Email   IP Logged
unstable bob gable
Forum Junkie

REAL AMERICAN BAD
AZZ!

Wastelands of Jersey
Re: Bill Dickerson AKA Joe Javelin
Reply #1 - 04/18/11 at 03:33:43

You need to break a boot off in that jabronie's azz! BTW, I noticed that board has cussin,' smokin', drinkin', and smacketh being laid down, so you KNOW unstable bob gable had to join up!  Cool

unstable bob gable,
AMERICAN ROAD WARRIOR
www.unstablebobgable.com

"Life is a highway...
AND I'M FULLA ROAD RAGE!!!"

1973 AMX
Email WWW usroadwarrior   IP Logged
AMC PackRat
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Dixon, IL
Reply #2 - 04/18/11 at 13:01:37

I just noticed you joined - you should fit in pretty well - except for the Chevy engine thing.     Roll Eyes   Good luck - you may need it.   Grin

Email   IP Logged
AMC PackRat
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Dixon, IL
Reply #3 - 05/19/11 at 14:27:21

Well, another month has gone by and still nothing.   Smiley

Pretty poor customer service from a guy who spouts things like "do the right thing" over on his forum, especially when he assured me he'd keep in contact and complete the deal over the phone the last time I talked to him . . . . . . .   Smiley

Email   IP Logged
amxdreamer
Site Moderator

Proud member of the
WINNING team Smurf!

Vancouver, British Columbia
Reply #4 - 05/19/11 at 17:14:03

That's rough Packrat. Actions speak louder than words... Roll Eyes

Tony

2009 Ford F150 SuperdooperCrew
1970 AMX
Email   IP Logged
TUBBED_X
Forum Junkie
High Performance

Stick Shifting !-)
1.30 60 ft. 5.92 1/8
 9.37 1/4

Hebron, OH
Reply #5 - 05/19/11 at 22:02:15

Agreed Packy.
and remember Folks Bill is the fellow that started a Good Guy/Bad guy thread on Fran's old site.  
That was when Mr. Bursaw (Steve) threatened the lawsuit and Fran closed the place down!
Kinda sounds like Bill aka Joe Javelin is the Pot calling the Kettle Black... (IMO)
Mike Luke

All Throttle with a Stick!-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2i6iyjor6o
Email   IP Logged
AMC PackRat
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Dixon, IL
Reply #6 - 05/19/11 at 23:32:57

I really don't know what to say.   embarrassed   It seems to me like the investor/collector car guys seem to spout off all kinds of great fluff and BS about how GREAT they are but the average "core" AMCer - the guys that actually drive these cars every day and/or race them are considered nothing but peons and not worth their precious time - unless, of course, they're kissing their asses, donating money, or selling or providing leads to cars or parts they can flip for profit.  I'll admit I got booted (for pretty much nothing) over there but it just sickens me every time I read the self-centered BS from that bunch of asshats that spews daily over there.   Sad  The people that suffer are the newbees that that fall for the cheap facade the core group puts up to manipulate things to their advantage.   Smiley   I'm pretty much sick of it - I'm sick of the liers, cheats, pompous arrogant duplicitous A-holes, and the general posers who are considered experts Smiley  over there.  I want to say more but I think I'll just leave it at that . . . . . .  

Email   IP Logged
amxdreamer
Site Moderator

Proud member of the
WINNING team Smurf!

Vancouver, British Columbia
Reply #7 - 05/20/11 at 21:49:06

Quote from AMC PackRat on 05/19/11 at 23:32:57:
I really don't know what to say.   embarrassed   It seems to me like the investor/collector car guys seem to spout off all kinds of great fluff and BS about how GREAT they are but the average "core" AMCer - the guys that actually drive these cars every day and/or race them are considered nothing but peons and not worth their precious time - unless, of course, they're kissing their asses, donating money, or selling or providing leads to cars or parts they can flip for profit.  I'll admit I got booted (for pretty much nothing) over there but it just sickens me every time I read the self-centered BS from that bunch of asshats that spews daily over there.   Sad  The people that suffer are the newbees that that fall for the cheap facade the core group puts up to manipulate things to their advantage.   Smiley   I'm pretty much sick of it - I'm sick of the liers, cheats, pompous arrogant duplicitous A-holes, and the general posers who are considered experts Smiley  over there.  I want to say more but I think I'll just leave it at that . . . . . .  

To keep things civil I think that's the best route. i think your point came across loud and clear. Please don't link all the restorers/collectors in the same group! hopefully I'm still one of the good guys that people trust Smiley

Tony

2009 Ford F150 SuperdooperCrew
1970 AMX
Email   IP Logged
390spirit
Forum Veteran

Supercharged?

N Dighton, MA
Reply #8 - 05/21/11 at 00:37:47

what a shame that someone that advertises a service has to rip off a fellow hobbiest.

X275 RTCTTFMF
Email   IP Logged
TUBBED_X
Forum Junkie
High Performance

Stick Shifting !-)
1.30 60 ft. 5.92 1/8
 9.37 1/4

Hebron, OH
Reply #9 - 05/21/11 at 12:47:22

Yes Tony, you are one of the Good guys!  Smiley
Cool and Level Headed to Boot!  Cool

All Throttle with a Stick!-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2i6iyjor6o
Email   IP Logged
AMC PackRat
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Dixon, IL
Reply #10 - 05/21/11 at 13:24:30

Yeah, Tony - I don't have anything against you.  I actually admire people who can restore a car to the point yours is as opposed to some guys that do hack jobs loaded up with incorrect (read cheap) Auto Zone parts that they try to pass off as "collector quality" restorations.   Smiley

Please note I said collector/investor and not restorer/investor - I have a lot of respect for people who actually get their hands dirty bringing these cars back as compared to the guys that write checks and sit in lawn chairs bragging about how nice their car is and how much they're worth.   Roll Eyes

I'll tone it down a little, though - there's really only a handfull of AMC people I can't stand and Bill Dickerson is working his way to the top of the list at the moment . . . .   Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print