The AMC Forum - American Parts Depot(APD)

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
10/20/14 at 21:11:21
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
American Parts Depot(APD) (Read 9254 times)
bbo_X
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Roseville, CA
American Parts Depot(APD)
05/10/11 at 20:46:01

I called APD yesterday to order a Saginaw reservoir so he asks for my name then tells me Iím too picky and declined to sell me anything from now on because I returned one thing eight years ago! So I wrote him an e-mail for Doug (APD) to reconsider but he still stands by his decision. He said I havenít bought anything in eight years anyway.

Hereís my letter:

ďDear Doug,

This is not a negative or hate letter, I hope you can please take the time to read it. I need that Saginaw reservoir.

I have bought at least $20k minimum worth of stuff from various vendors over the years, here are to name a few:  

Summit Racing, American Performance, American Part Depot, Kennedy American and Galvinís Rambler Parts.  

Without you guys what you see below could not be possible and APD certainly was a part of it. Either you have mistaken me with someone else or maybe I did return something but I can assure you it was with good reason. Have you ever ordered something but had to return it for one thing or another? If the answer is yes then you must have had positive views of those stores and probably kept on referring people to them. How well a retailer deals with customers returns is not a negative thing itís an opportunity to show how good of a retailer is. Sorry but I really canít remember what I returned but I can say this because of the way you handled it towards me I have been referring people to APD every chance I could get. APD always came up to the top of my list to friends who are currently restoring their cars.

Also my wife ordered hundreds $$$ worth of stuff during a couple of Christmasís ago and I know APD was on a list of only two AMC vendors (no tax).

I hope you reconsider your decision, you are a valuable retailer to me, you have things that others donít carry and is one of the reasons I refer people to you.  

I need a dent free Saginaw reservoir (mine is dented in the usual places), I can get chrome or billet ones all day long but not a plain steel one.  

Again I hope you can reconsider or if you still donít want to do business tell me where I can get it. Help me out here please! My number is 916-705-3957.

Thank You ď

All I can say is stay away from this guy he does not and I repeat HE DOES NOT STAND BY HIS PRODUCTS. Why have a 25% restocking fee return policy if upon returning it you then are band from ever purchasing from there again. I finally remembered what it was that I returned and I mean I literally returned just one thatís right you heard it just ONE item, the rear center red lensÖWHY?....BECAUSE IT HAD AN AIR BUBBLE IN THE CENTER THAT WAS CLEARLY VISIBLE!!! But for that Iím too picky and should be forever band from ever buying anything ever again. That was my one and only crime.  

Lastly the reason AMC parts are so much better today than they were before is because we settled for nothing less, we expect better quality. We expect better quality at least on par with the likes of Ford, Mopar, GM donít we? Well if we deemed a part to be subpar we will return it end of story. It is our duty to do so and keep AMC vendors on their toes. Look at the superior quality AMARK and the like are able to provide. They get it and so does GALVINís and Kennedy American. †Doug Galvin of Galvinís Rambler Parts and Jeff Kennedy of Kennedy American are true stand up guys to do business with, they stand by their parts 100% and then some. Doug of American Parts Depot does not get it!!!

Donít buy from APD, Doug will not stand by his products or care about your concerns when it comes to returns. He is no help to the hobby. I will say this he does care about the all mighty dollar, if you buy $$$ of dollars worth of stuff he will care about that, a very shallow caring at best but for the people who want a couple of pieces or the guy who just does not have the funds to purchase high quantities forget it HE COULDNíT CARE LESS!

There I feel a lot better but will never ever refer AMERICAN PARTS DEPOT (also known as APD) to anyone ever again. Youíve been warned!

Email   IP Logged
brownSpirit
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Georgetown, MA
Re: American Parts Depot(APD)
Reply #1 - 05/10/11 at 22:42:36

I bought some clutch linkage wear items from him about 8 years ago, and I would never order a thing from him again, everyone there I spoke with had an attitude, I m all set with that.  The guy at galvins has always been very nice and helpful, the only thing apd has going for them ie there online catalog.

1969 BBB AMX 390/4-speed (race car project)
1969 S/C Rambler
1968 rogue 290/auto 50k miles

Email   IP Logged
bbo_X
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Roseville, CA
Reply #2 - 05/11/11 at 00:31:12

Good for you I totally agree!

Email   IP Logged
RamblinMan
Forum Junkie
High Performance

American Motors
Corporation

Shreveport, LA
Reply #3 - 05/11/11 at 02:02:55

Guy is a jerk who talks to people like they are dirt under his feet. Never ordered from him because of his attitude over the phone the first time I called. I would change brands before I would order from APD. Life is too short to deal with jerks.

The Right Reverend of Blessed Acceleration
If thou bleedest not, thou workest not. - Hezekiah 2:15
Email   IP Logged
TUBBED_X
Forum Junkie
High Performance

Stick Shifting !-)
1.30 60 ft. 5.92 1/8
†9.37 1/4

Hebron, OH
Reply #4 - 05/11/11 at 12:18:18

I agree with what you guys have said..
Now get this....
Years ago † 4-5 maybe, i was working on a local fellows Marlin brakes, he had bought parts from APD to do the brakes...
When i opened the box's for wheel cyls. † one of them was a seized up USED one.
 I called my cust. And told him what i found, and he needed to get with Doug to get a New one..
Well Doug told my cust. that i stole it, and it was all my fault....
He is another AMC vender on my do NOT buy list!

All Throttle with a Stick!-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2i6iyjor6o
Email   IP Logged
brownSpirit
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Georgetown, MA
Reply #5 - 05/11/11 at 12:53:09

Well Mike, you know how rare and valuable Martin wheel cylinders are, I see how you couldn't resist hanging on to one. † Roll Eyes † We all know that remanufacturing companies never screw they're customers. †

1969 BBB AMX 390/4-speed (race car project)
1969 S/C Rambler
1968 rogue 290/auto 50k miles

Email   IP Logged
TUBBED_X
Forum Junkie
High Performance

Stick Shifting !-)
1.30 60 ft. 5.92 1/8
†9.37 1/4

Hebron, OH
Reply #6 - 05/11/11 at 15:13:43

Grin † † yes Brown, just what i always wanted to own is a Aftermarket Wheel cyl. for a Marlin....
Don't honestly know if Doug charged him for another one or not.
But for Doug to call me a thief ticked me off. and i personally wouldn't pea on Doug if he was on fire, or spend any money with them either.
I hear alot of stories about how doug is Rude to custs. (kinda like Russ from Indy cyl. heads).
IMO those kind of Angry (unhappy ) folks should hire someone else to be there cust. service reps..
But then i have heard some folks Rave about him as well!?   lol.. im not one of those..
My .25 worth... Grin

All Throttle with a Stick!-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2i6iyjor6o
Email   IP Logged
bbo_X
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Roseville, CA
Reply #7 - 05/11/11 at 16:00:13

Quote from TUBBED_X on 05/11/11 at 15:13:43:
....i personally wouldn't pea on Doug if he was on fire....

yeah that would be a waste of good pea.

Email   IP Logged
pipefitter
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Adams, MA
Reply #8 - 05/11/11 at 21:30:34

I've done buisness with APD many times and whether dealing with Doug or Robin I haven't had a bad experience. I've bought used items from APD as well and was very happy with what I recieved. But then I've never had a bad experiance at the RMV either. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Dave Z

81 Spirit 232 T-10 3.54 model 20
72 Javelin AMX 360 T-10 (son's car)
73 Javelin AMX 401 727 (long term project)
88 Jeep J-10 360 727
73 Ambassador 2 door
Email   IP Logged
bbo_X
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Roseville, CA
Reply #9 - 05/11/11 at 23:43:41

Then what ever you do just don't ever and I mean ever never return something even if it's flatten, broken, flawed, pealing, dented, nicked, cracked, won't fit, wrong part, torn, ripped, wrong color, smeared, won't stick, wrong year, chipped, wobbles, tweaked, makes noise, knocks, taps, bangs, ticks...etc etc.  

Then you'll be alright.

The guy is a total disgrace to our hobby! Nobody should have to worry about legitimately returning a part, nobody!

Email   IP Logged
djohnston
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Laingsburg Michigan
Reply #10 - 05/12/11 at 15:20:08

I bought door hinges for the jav with a "core fee". Once i changed them out i sent back my "cores" and he gave me less than half back of the stated fee.  I called to ask why and he said because they werent good hinges (they were rebuildable, should have done it myself). Well if they were good hinges why the hell would i need rebuilt ones? Never again. †Angry

Email   IP Logged
68AMX
Forum Junkie

It has only just
begun......and it
now continues.

Woodbury Heights, NJ
Reply #11 - 05/12/11 at 22:17:42

Ha! I bought a seal kit from him for my 68AMX. Roof rail seals that is and I specifically asked him if these seals get thicker by the rear quarter windows and he stated yes that he has them on his AMX and they look great. Well when I got them they did not match his description at all. Not even close. I used them anyways and now my rear quarter windows would probably pop out on closing the doors without a window down. It beats the dried and cracked ones I took off in several pieces but he still lied flat out.

1968 AMX 390 4spd. 4:10
Email 68AMX   IP Logged
firecapt321
Forum Veteran
High Performance

The Ken Killer

Savannah, GA
Reply #12 - 05/15/11 at 14:01:57

Bought a couple pieces from him back in the day on my first go round with the smurf, though the parts I ordered were good, talking with him on the phone was like I was seriously bothering him with my business and noob questions and I CANT stand that chit from a retailer... so, that was the first and last transaction APD ever got from me.... just my 2 cents...

12.9 @ 111mph
Street Tires, Stock Stall Mopar Converter, 3.15's, Foot Lock System and Auto Zone's Finest Shocks, Crossing the line at 4000 rpm's..... lmao
Email   IP Logged
amxdreamer
Site Moderator

Proud member of the
WINNING team Smurf!

Vancouver, British Columbia
Reply #13 - 05/16/11 at 04:23:04

I have been lucky and have not had to return anything or talk to this guy on the phone! I order online or talk to Robin and she has always been good to deal with.

Tony

2009 Ford F150 SuperdooperCrew
1970 AMX
Email   IP Logged
WestOzJavelinMan
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Perth, Western Australia
Reply #14 - 07/30/11 at 12:04:39

I have purchased a quite a few things off them and never had any issues, but I have always ordered online or via email so have never spoken to a real live person there. No problems with having the stuff shipped halfway around the world to Austraila either.

http://www.australianjavelins.com/
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print