The AMC Forum - stepside

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
08/01/14 at 07:47:34
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
stepside (Read 7543 times)
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Re: stepside
Reply #15 - 09/17/11 at 15:09:48

anyone know what the inside of a FSJ gas tank looks like....I imagine its all baffled up but I can't get all the old rotten gas out...i have every oriface on the unit pulled off and i still can't figure out why its such a pain to get the gas out....man, you know if any of these orifaces we're opened when I was driving it I'd be walking home 3 miles from my house.

I'm considering sending it to orangeville rad for a big degreasing and cleaning, but if i can do it myself, i'd prefer that

(its a plastic type tank - i think i'm saying the right description and I assume its original)

I just ordered new fuel pickup/sensor, formed filler and vent hoses, and body mounts from BJ's off-road and my inner fenders are apparantly painted and ready to come here, so i can get going on this again

rr

Email rambling_rebel_70   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #16 - 10/04/11 at 01:18:27

woohoo...my power seats work.....up, down, forward, back....I played with them for like an hour (it takes so little to entertain me)

I found out the local rad shop closed down a year ago, so I'm going to use hot water, soap and lots of both to clean out the gas tanks and tsp or clr to clean the outside of it

got new body mounts from BJ offroad and new pickup and float for the gas tank....forgot to order ambition though

rr

rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #17 - 10/18/11 at 21:01:54

inner fenders showed up all painted up and purdy a couple of days back (didn't notice them on the front lawn, glad my 4-wheeling daughter didn't try a funky u-turn and run over them)

trying to figure out the v8 wiring harness, I have a TSM but no good printing companies in town that can blow it up for my tired eyes....

found this weebsite in my quest to find the end of the internet

http://oljeep.com/index.html

my problem (ok, i have lots, but this specific one) is I didn't take the truck apart, but now I have to put it together.....I have a GW out back to help, but still 2x the work

rr

rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #18 - 02/27/12 at 18:08:29

dropped off my grill support for the gladiator grill fabrication and then paint...

got my NOS rear bumper back so I can fab up the bumper brackets (or bigbadjav can)

I've been stalled on what to do with front and rear bumpers and rollbar....I think rear bumper will remain white, rollbar will be body coloUr and front bumper wiill sat stainless (or chrome, or whatever its called)

rr

amxlonnie
Forum Junkie
High Performance

American Motors
Corporation

Pumpkintown, SC
Reply #19 - 03/22/12 at 12:05:18

Awesome truck!
   I have always wanted a Jeep truck since we had one for a shop truck at the AMC dealership I worked at in the EARLY 80's. it was a black honcho with the golden eagle on the hood.
   Nice .
   RR I didn't know you had so many really cool vehicles  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #20 - 03/22/12 at 12:57:44

thanks Lonnie...I'd be embarrassed to say how long I've had my jtruck....(some people think I have too many irons in the fire.....some days I think they're right)

yanked it out of New Mexico, way long time ago....no rust on it anywhere

big thing is I've only owned GW's never a jtruck. and doing a colour change is a serious effort, even when your brother is a painter at your pals body and paint shop

they have my grill support ready to paint, they had to do a bit of fabbing to accept the gladiator grill setup, but its gonna look kool

rr

amxlonnie
Forum Junkie
High Performance

American Motors
Corporation

Pumpkintown, SC
Reply #21 - 03/23/12 at 02:21:20

Nice

Email   IP Logged
amxlonnie
Forum Junkie
High Performance

American Motors
Corporation

Pumpkintown, SC
Reply #22 - 04/12/12 at 12:36:33

Hey RR yours looks so much nicer than my POS scrap parts truck. I have almost $1500 inthis thing. But it is fun to drive, I have never washed it, and it is extremely reliable.
the bed raises for service work.  

sorry the mutt looked so bad, it was her last day cry

Email   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #23 - 04/12/12 at 13:04:19

that truck is fugly......(I love it)

here's my wee pup, lost him a year and a 1/2 ago, still miss him, loyal to a fault (he's in a pine box on the mantel) one fo the reasons' I'm selling the ranch, bride doesn't want another pup, so coyotes' are starting to find my property along with other wildlife

rr

(PS is amxlonnie code name for "Fred Sanford"  Grin Cheesy )

firecapt321
Forum Veteran
High Performance

The Ken Killer

Savannah, GA
Reply #24 - 04/13/12 at 08:18:20

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ got chills just looking at that pic.......

12.9 @ 111mph
Street Tires, Stock Stall Mopar Converter, 3.15's, Foot Lock System and Auto Zone's Finest Shocks, Crossing the line at 4000 rpm's..... lmao
Email   IP Logged
amxlonnie
Forum Junkie
High Performance

American Motors
Corporation

Pumpkintown, SC
Reply #25 - 04/14/12 at 14:00:41

other than all the snow that looks similar to down here, nice dog.....  

"Fred Sanford" now watch out that name could stick.

I have junked out a couple of mopar front wheel drives lately and have a pile of FWD mopar stuff, plus an extra 85 lebaron turbo convertible. any body need a complete 2.2 with trans attached?
  Just brought in a 9 foot trailer full of mopar trans parts, plus 2.2 turbo heads,and extra parts for the convertible.  
  I need a few extra AMC's though. Wink

dirt cheap ,or free  Shocked

Email   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #26 - 04/14/12 at 19:51:56

Fred Sanford, Fred Sanford, Fred Sanford, Fred Sanford, Fred Sanford, Fred Sanford,  

gotta get at least ONE up on you

rr

rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #27 - 01/03/13 at 03:57:15

getting some headway on the j10 with some help from good friends, i am gathering stuff i had hoarded for it, some new, some NOS and some old. I stumbled onto a transmission mount and i had written on the box DOES NOT fit 1982 j10, but forget where/when i got it and why i didn't return it. Does NAPA have a uber-sekret cross reference sheet that can take a NAPA part number and translate it to whatever it fits? I'd like to know what it fits...maybe i should own one  Grin Cheesy

rR

matadorman 401
Forum Junkie

AMC it is a way of
LIFE !!!

Council Bluffs, IA
Reply #28 - 02/08/13 at 02:28:31

put it on here and i will see what i can do  i work at NAPA

72 matador 401 aka "THE BEAST"
72 matador 401 aka The Grasshopper