The AMC Forum - Canadian AMC race day 2011

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
10/31/14 at 19:12:26
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
Canadian AMC race day 2011 (Read 15956 times)
purpleheart
Forum Veteran

10.9's are getting
closer

Orangeville, ONT
Re: Canadian AMC race day 2011
Reply #105 - 09/23/11 at 16:03:41

My car is ready ! We'll be leaving  today around 5pm but won't get there until somewhere between 8-9pm .

Paul

Best time 11.09 @ 119.32 mph 1.51 60ft on M/T 28/11.5-15 slicks

Best ET 11.09 , Best mph 119.32 , Best 60ft 1.49
Email   IP Logged
Ken_Parkman
Site Moderator
High Performance

American Motors
Corporation

Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
Reply #106 - 09/23/11 at 19:01:56

The weather forecast is now saying variable cloudiness - Excellent!!!!!!

Email   IP Logged
77hornetamx
Site Moderator
High Performance

4oh1,s Rule!

Barrie, ONT
Reply #107 - 09/24/11 at 00:04:52

Me an Ding will be there 10.30 ish am .
 Ken , you,ll be glad to see I followed at least dome of your advice  
Lets see , shifter instructions taped securely to roll bar  
Winning half of Horses azz trophy polished an taped to roll bar next to instructions .
Vid cam charged up  
List of grudge / trash talking races that does not include anyone faster then 12.50 printed out .
See you all tommorow ..77.

" You can never be sure of the validity of any on line information " Abraham Lincoln .
Stay Hard.
Think Critically .
Question Everything .
Email   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #108 - 09/24/11 at 01:33:51

great, so now its 14.9, 14.9, 14.9, 14.9.....money.....honey ...... AND a ministarter

(i'm so dead)

rr

Quote from Ken_Parkman on 09/23/11 at 00:48:00:
Two things to talk about - Terry Reeves of Howes and Reeves Chrysler and Jeep has donated an AMC Mini-Starter (thanks Terry) so we will raffle that and add the money to the gamblers race payout, 100%. Fuzz and his wife started this a few years ago and it has resulted in a really good payout for our little race.

!

Email rambling_rebel_70   IP Logged
ken
Forum Veteran

The Smurf-n-ator

Alton, ONT
Reply #109 - 09/25/11 at 00:34:31

Wow !!!!! What an amazing day.  Cheesy The turnout was amazing, and the weather was about 10x better than forecast. Thanks Big-K-Ken for organizing this and thanks for the help getting the Pinkster into the 12's !  Smiley  Can't wait for pix and video. I hope Leon clicked his usual magic.  Wink

1970 Wild Plum Metallic Gremlin. 401/T-10, CalTrac's, 3:54 Amc-20 Rear End, Moser's.
Best E.T. 12,something sec. :-P Alias... "The Purple Helmet" in
Alton, Ontario, Canada
Email   IP Logged
Bigbadjav
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Alton Ontario Canada
Reply #110 - 09/25/11 at 01:03:08

Yup, a great day was had by all, thanks also Ken for putting it on again. I have a big smile on my face still, I think I did really well for the first time out with no tunning running a best of 12.20 @ 113.62. The track could of been better for sure, but I had fun! Yves has one wicked machine, just like shooting a bulllet, man that thing takes off like a rocket!! Randy... well.... at least you showed up!!  
The weather was really sunny and hot for a day that was supposed to be cloudy and cool and best of all nobody broke down, Next year Mr. Parkman I gots your # .... Bill

Email   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #111 - 09/25/11 at 01:52:27

had fun....was on the fence about going, but glad I did. Thanks Ken for organizing it. as usual, I brought a knife to a gun fight, but, but, but....I got nothing...

loved seeing the quebec team show up and go all out....heck, I'm thinking I should go to quebec once in a while to see them race on their home turf....they are a class act, thanks for showing up

(Bill, byte me)

you better get on your game, 'cause you just called out mr parkman, AND got my mind wandering (and its really too little to be out wandering)

AND I think what got TOTALLY over looked is the junk part 366 is STILL running.....they have to be running odds on that in vegas or something

I think the pink helmet is finally coming into its own...congrats ken

and my brother was there watching purpleheart (paul) so I hope that got him anxious about his humpster project

77hornetamx
Site Moderator
High Performance

4oh1,s Rule!

Barrie, ONT
Reply #112 - 09/25/11 at 02:17:00

" and best of all nobody broke down "  Huh Didnt you remember seeing my Gremlin there haha .  
 Here,s the story  4 brand new brafasco , not princess auto , not crappy tire , grade 8 bolts , cut to length by hand with hack saw and oiled on the cuts .Tapered on the ends , double checked the length of each one to make sure it didnt bottom out . Chased , not tapped , holes in converter . 2 stripes of blue loctite on each bolt , torked 5 ft lbs over specs according to a 73 tsm , tigtened in a criss cross pattern  twice , to double check it , not in a circular pattern . Junk parts runs a best so far of 12.21 . Next run the converter bolts back out . At first I thought the flex plate broke cause it was really rattly sounding . Figger it out , tighten bolts , miss 1st round of elims by like just a few minutes .  undecided.  
Made another for fun run , an a bolt backed out again , Time for a new flex plate .
But me an Ding had a blast . Gremlin spun on 4 out of 5 runs .  
 Had a great time . I,ll have to see tommorow  if I got a tan from what the weather people called a cloudy day . Weather was amazing Got to see every one again .
A BIG Thanks out to Ken P , and crew for putting this event on  ..77.

" You can never be sure of the validity of any on line information " Abraham Lincoln .
Stay Hard.
Think Critically .
Question Everything .
Email   IP Logged
purpleheart
Forum Veteran

10.9's are getting
closer

Orangeville, ONT
Reply #113 - 09/25/11 at 03:59:39

Me my wife and kids had a good time and it was great to see you guys again . I didn't run the number I was after but I was having some major traction problems and just couldn't get it to hook after lowering my t-brake rev limiter to 3000 rpm from 3500 and dropping my air pressure to 11LBS in the M/T 28/11.5/15 drag slicks . I was going to play with carb spacers to try to improve my ET but didn't bother because I couldn't run consistant ET's due to tire spin . I was lucky to make it to the final 4 in bracket racing and won some money . I won the best reaction time with a .008 light but lost my last 2 races by red lighting . I had 1 small problem that'll I'll have to fix tomorrow with the mini starter . It's an ajustable position starter and the adjustment screws backed off and it was flopping around and making noise while cranking . It barely started when I got home but it didn't let me down at the track . Thanks Ken for another great AMC raceday and congrats on your best ever pass with your Rambler !

Paul

« Last Edit: 09/25/11 at 17:02:02 by purpleheart »  

Email   IP Logged
Leon Richard
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Kitchener Ontario Canada
Reply #114 - 09/25/11 at 13:53:02

What a great day! I was worried about getting there and it would be rained out, but woke up to blue skies, so off we went! I brought my son, and a friend and his boy, plus met another friend there with his boy.  
I didnt get as many pictures as years before, but I think I got some good ones.
Heres a few.

The rest of the set can be seen here:   http://www.flickr.com/photos/leon_richard/sets/72157627747877772/detail/

Email Leon Richard   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #115 - 09/25/11 at 15:32:30

neat pics Leon...Man photography has come along way since my Browning camera....maybe its time I stepped up into  the 1970's  Grin Cheesy

those first four were very crisp and clear, even on my commodore 64 screen

I think that is a perfect picture of Yves' car launch (and Pauls)...if only there was some device you could buy that would let you add sound  Grin Cheesy

(mind you if I had one of those devices, I'd get a great video of my eyeball and a bunch of expletives in the background)

thanks for posting

RR

Ken_Parkman
Site Moderator
High Performance

American Motors
Corporation

Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
Reply #116 - 09/25/11 at 16:38:11

What a fantastic day! After the forecast had been so poor, and it turned out so perfect. Of course I really did not figure on the sunburn I got.

A lot of high points to mention:

The winner was Dave Keller from Harrow, Ont., running 11.20s in his BBG Gremlin, with runner up going to Yves Langelier from Laval, Quebec, in the 9.20 AMX. Myself and Paul Mercer got the Semi-finalist money.

Ron Beattie won the raffle for the AMC mini-starter donated by Terry from Howes and Reeves Chrysler and Jeep. Once again the raffle and gamblers money really gave us a decent payout for our little club race.

We had 14 cars enter the bracket race, and 4 or 5 more making passes, and a bunch others as spectators. An excellent turnout, especially with the weather forecast we had!

Gary's car's first outing. Fantastic debut for a major project - congratulations Gary. Looking at the 1/8 mile times once the 5.51 gears are reduced it looks like it'll run 10's.

Ken - congratulations on that 12 second time slip!!!

Don Campbells car getting it's first 11 second time slip with an 11.93, taking the quickest driven in car title.

Bills car putting down a string of low 12 second passes. Nice going!

My Rambler pulled its best time ever with a 12.11 at 115.6 mph.

When you look at the list of regularly driven street cars running in the 11s and 12s in our little bunch you have to be impressed!

A minimum of breakage and problems, and the breakage that did happen was minor. That's also how races are supposed to be.

All in all a great day!!

Email   IP Logged
chickenman
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Feversham, ONT
Reply #117 - 09/25/11 at 19:19:40

Thanks Ken for taking the time to put together another great race day. Had a GREAT DAY as you could tell by the huge smile on my face. The weather turn out to be fantastic and the drive home with the red sky sunset just put a icing on the cake for a fantastic day. Thanks again Jen Chris Garry. P.S. Eeves I will make sure I'll save you a 10w30 beer from Neustadt.

Email   IP Logged
Bigbadjav
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Alton Ontario Canada
Reply #118 - 09/25/11 at 22:57:23

Hey Ken, do you think you could talk Kevin into comming up next year? Would draw a lot of people and man I think everybody would like to see that thing go down the track again.

Email   IP Logged
purpleheart
Forum Veteran

10.9's are getting
closer

Orangeville, ONT
Reply #119 - 09/25/11 at 22:59:21

Here's a few races from the event ( left click on pic to start the video )

Paul

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print