The AMC Forum - Divorce

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
10/30/14 at 17:26:44
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Divorce (Read 5393 times)
Rebel25A
Site Moderator
High Performance

USS Machine

Rushville, IN
Divorce
07/17/11 at 12:58:01

Well I wanted to post a note on here to let everyone know that I am getting a divorce...that is not a new thing for alot of people but I am taking it pretty hard...mainly because I still love my wife so much but she doesn't love me anymore and things have come to a head and the opportunity to fix things has long passed...I value the friends I have here more then alot of you will ever know...my time on here will be very limited though...their are people I still owe parts and money to and I will do my best to fullfil my obligations to you as soon as I can...my wife is not to blame for our situation and its important to me not to have people lay that on her...so friends I will be on here sparingly...my cell number is 317-753-0701 if you need me for anything but right now I need to focus on the tasks of liquidating 27 years of my life and trying to take care of my kids

Email WWW   IP Logged
chickenman
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Feversham, ONT
Re: Divorce
Reply #1 - 07/17/11 at 13:17:49

Sorry to hear that news. If you ever need someone to talk to we are always here. Garry

Email   IP Logged
68AMX
Forum Junkie

It has only just
begun......and it
now continues.

Woodbury Heights, NJ
Reply #2 - 07/17/11 at 14:11:33

Been there, done that...BEST of luck to you and take it slowly. You'll be OK as I was. Thank God for my kids!

1968 AMX 390 4spd. 4:10
Email 68AMX   IP Logged
rotorhead67
Site Moderator
High Performance

American Motors
Corporation

bellevue mi
Reply #3 - 07/17/11 at 14:18:10

rob call me

Email   IP Logged
matadorman 401
Forum Junkie

AMC it is a way of
LIFE !!!

Council Bluffs, IA
Reply #4 - 07/17/11 at 15:04:52

so sorry to hear this  went through mine over 10 years ago with the help of friends and family  you will get through this

72 matador 401 aka "THE BEAST"
72 matador 401 aka The Grasshopper
79 Power Wagon stepside

Email   IP Logged
jersey401jav
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Washington, NJ
Reply #5 - 07/19/11 at 04:58:30

So sorry to hear,  I can't relate personally , but I do know what my Brother Went Through in his Divorce. That got strung out over a period of 18 years. Stay strong Make sure your children know they had no bearing on what transpired . Whatever happens in settlement Know that Lawyers Can be Treacherous and will amplify any of your Wife's Needs. Take Care  
Ed

Mid-life crisis ? Hey no sweat!!! I'm just bigger and badder then ever.
Email jersey401jav ed72754   IP Logged
tufcj
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Watkins, CO
Reply #6 - 07/19/11 at 19:29:31

Sorry to hear.  Having been through it myself, it's not something I'd wish on anyone.  Mine was 15 years ago (after 15 years of marriage).   I thought things were good, but she decided she wanted to be with someone else.  I did get custody of our teenage (at the time) daughter.  

All I can say is lean on your friends when you need to, true friends will be there for you.  Time will go by and the hurt will lessen.  A couple of years after my divorce I met a great lady, married her 7 months later.  We've been together for nearly 13 years now, I wouldn't be where I am today without her.  

Hang in there.

Bob
tufcj

69 AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
Email   IP Logged
firecapt321
Forum Veteran
High Performance

The Ken Killer

Savannah, GA
Reply #7 - 07/19/11 at 20:03:06

Sorry to hear of your troubles buddy..... Divorce can be rough I know... but for me personally in hindsight... Best money I ever spent... Wink

Keep your head up, lean on your friends and most importantly, take care of the kids and as someone said, make sure they know its not their fault... been through divorce as a kid and an adult... if handled properly it can be good for all involved (down the road),      if handled poorly... well, thats a whole other thread.... Roll Eyes but hey, I turned out ok..... right??? undecided lips sealed Grin Just do your best to limit the Drama and move on with your life... but yes, right now at this current moment, its Much easier said than done I know... but it will happen eventually... Wink And once you make it through the tunnel of drama, despair, loneliness, heartache and jealousy that is to come in the near future but only temporarily, you may find out there is a much much happier Rob in the future...

12.9 @ 111mph
Street Tires, Stock Stall Mopar Converter, 3.15's, Foot Lock System and Auto Zone's Finest Shocks, Crossing the line at 4000 rpm's..... lmao
Email   IP Logged
Turbo Tom
Forum Junkie
High Performance

Rustoleum Rambler

Stephenson, VA
Reply #8 - 07/19/11 at 21:19:30

I know you will not believe it now. But in the end you will be much happier.
When only one person is content in a marrage, the atmosphere in the house always has some tension in it.
It wears on a person more than they know, because it happens over time.
I am on wife #3. She is great, but I would have never got to her, without the first two not working out.

Keep your chin up and work toward the future.

Good Luck

1979 Spirit
5.3 LS with a cam
10.60 @ 126
Email WWW   IP Logged
Hurst390
Site Moderator
High Performance

Bret Kepner Photo
Barry Allen Engine
BIG Headers

Oreana, IL
Reply #9 - 07/19/11 at 22:27:18

I hope it all works out for you Rob... time helps.... but still sorry to hear...

80 AMX 2950# Iron Head 420 N/A Jerico 4-speed street legal

1.277 60ft. 5.95 116.38
9's at 145.11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrvmmXXoxAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CQprfva4Tg
Email WWW   IP Logged
AMXRalf
Forum Veteran
High Performance

AMCNut

Ross, OH
Reply #10 - 07/20/11 at 02:12:06

Sorry to hear.  I am in the been there done that catagory.  You know where I live, anytime you want to come hang out at the track or otherwise let me know.  Prayers for the best.
ralfy

Email   IP Logged
FuzzFace2
Forum Veteran

So many parts to
buy, so little money
to buy them!

Stamford, CT
Reply #11 - 07/20/11 at 15:55:06

Sorry to hear of this, I am also one of the “been there done that” and like you did not want out. That was almost 20 years ago now that I think of it. We also have a son and he was never put in the middle. We would both show up to any thing where 2 parents where needed be it school or sports games, etc.  
It will get better with time, Family & friends help too.
Who knows in time you may meet someone like I did with my wife now who is not into cars but supports what I do.
We are here if you need us.
Dave ----

75 GremlinX v8 64k 4sale
76 GremlinX i6 (sons)
70 Javelin street car 390/4sp (360/T5 now)
70 Javelin 1/4 Drag car 360/auto
Email Old Fuzz Face2   IP Logged
GreasedGremlin360
Forum Junkie

Wanting to trade for
71-74 Javelin or Jav
AMX!

Ft Pierce, FL
Reply #12 - 07/26/11 at 19:24:18

Try and remain cordial at least for the kids. Good thing yours are grown or about grown. Divorce can go smooth or be like being thrown off a jagged rocky cliff where you feel ever bump. Hope time will heal ya man!

1974 AMC Gremlin X 360/904(wanting to trade)
1960 Ford F100 302/C4
1990 Dodge Ramcharger 4x4 318/727
2008 Dodge RAM SXT 3.7 V6/auto

Email   IP Logged
AMX401
AMCrazy

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reply #13 - 07/27/11 at 05:37:18

I'm in the "been there, done that" category as well, though for me it was a happy time when I split up with my ex...except for the fact my life savings went to ground zero and my debt doubled due to me buying my acreage twice.

My present wife is great, a sweet old fashioned farm girl and a darn good cook!  She even puts up with my AMC hobby, though if she knew how much $ I've spent over the years she would probably freak out!

Hang in there, life is short and unpredictable so try and laugh every day, I laugh every morning when I look in the mirror...well, it starts off as laughter, then I cry.

74 Javelin AMX, 401 8 Speed
Email   IP Logged
TUBBED_X
Forum Junkie
High Performance

Stick Shifting !-)
1.30 60 ft. 5.92 1/8
 9.37 1/4

Hebron, OH
Reply #14 - 07/27/11 at 11:58:02

Hang in there Rob..
I have also been there done that...!!
Time is the best healer.   lots of good advice given ya!
Give me a shout if you need to chat!
Mike

All Throttle with a Stick!-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2i6iyjor6o
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print