The AMC Forum - mile high nationals in denver

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
12/23/14 at 00:07:38
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
mile high nationals in denver (Read 846 times)
fasthappy
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Ontario, CA
mile high nationals in denver
10/16/11 at 03:14:08

are amc's welcome at the mile high nationals in denver colorado. if so are there very many amc cars at the event? I would like to go check it out next year. are amc cars typically welcome at a mopar event?

Ty
Email   IP Logged
AMXRalf
Forum Veteran
High Performance

AMCNut

Ross, OH
Re: mile high nationals in denver
Reply #1 - 10/17/11 at 13:55:59

Can't say in Denver, but certainly the Ohio events and clubs have allowed AMC to participate.  I ran my American in the "Mopar Only" class with no problem.  I am the only AMC guy in our local club, and I was the only AMC car at the race.    
r.

Email   IP Logged
RPMZZ
AMCrazy

I see slow
people....

Casper, WY
Reply #2 - 10/17/11 at 17:53:40

The mile high nationals is not a car show type event.  it is a 3-4 day NHRA event for drag racing and show casing the big boys.  Friday night is usually the "night of fire" which is cool as heck to see.   its mainly a part of the national NHRA tour for the top fuelers, pro stockers and funny car guys.   they do run the smaller classes for anyone to enter as far as i know.

the only reason its a "mopar" show is because dodge sponsors it...hence "the Mopar Parts Mile High Nationals"...  if your in town for it..i highly recommend it..Bandimere speedway is very cool especially for the "Night of Fire" event.....but i dont know that i'd travel from far distances to go see it...i'm sure there's something similar closer to you.

Email   IP Logged
fasthappy
AMCrazy

American Motors
Corporation

Ontario, CA
Reply #3 - 10/23/11 at 14:25:20

Quote from RPMZZ on 10/17/11 at 17:53:40:
The mile high nationals is not a car show type event.  it is a 3-4 day NHRA event for drag racing and show casing the big boys.  Friday night is usually the "night of fire" which is cool as heck to see.   its mainly a part of the national NHRA tour for the top fuelers, pro stockers and funny car guys.   they do run the smaller classes for anyone to enter as far as i know.

the only reason its a "mopar" show is because dodge sponsors it...hence "the Mopar Parts Mile High Nationals"...  if your in town for it..i highly recommend it..Bandimere speedway is very cool especially for the "Night of Fire" event.....but i dont know that i'd travel from far distances to go see it...i'm sure there's something similar closer to you.

thank you so much for your post I thought the event was only 4 mopars  

Ty
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print