The AMC Forum - sealing the fuel sending unit

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
10/23/14 at 05:10:04
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
sealing the fuel sending unit (Read 3563 times)
SKeown
Forum Junkie
High Performance

American Motors
Corporation

Silsbee, TX
Re: sealing the fuel sending unit
Reply #30 - 11/01/11 at 15:58:11

Quote from firecapt321 on 10/25/11 at 03:25:13:
YEP..... much heavier duty... Wink Grin I knew you would remember that cause that disaster took place one day before I left for GAD, remember..... when you saw my tail lights all day long.... Grin Grin

sorry Tony, but you know we cant help it.....

Someone looking at you're tail lights shouldn't be trusted with tools Grin

SKeown

Email   IP Logged
amxdreamer
Site Moderator

Proud member of the
WINNING team Smurf!

Vancouver, British Columbia
Reply #31 - 11/01/11 at 17:20:29

JP, I don't know how your tank is but mine has a ring spot welded around the sender with 3 tangs that hold on the retaining clip. I have a feeling one of the 3 spot welds on the ring has broken loose creating a small crack/leak (I looked inside with an inspection mirror and a flashlight). I don't think you can repair this from the outside due to the ring covering the damaged portion of the tank.  

RR, my butt dyno says I'm faster than your heap!  Grin

Tony

2009 Ford F150 SuperdooperCrew
1970 AMX
Email   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #32 - 11/01/11 at 17:31:19

best use that inspection mirror and flashlight to check out your butt-dyno....I think its cracked (don't post pictures....pleeeeaaasseeee...

see you with NEW timeslips in the spring.....you'll still be trying to figure out why your m11 doesnt' shift like my m12

rr

(did you REALLY mean to invite me into this thread  Grin Cheesy )

Quote from amxdreamer on 11/01/11 at 17:20:29:
JP, I don't know how your tank is but mine has a ring spot welded around the sender with 3 tangs that hold on the retaining clip. I have a feeling one of the 3 spot welds on the ring has broken loose creating a small crack/leak (I looked inside with an inspection mirror and a flashlight). I don't think you can repair this from the outside due to the ring covering the damaged portion of the tank.

RR, my butt dyno says I'm faster than your heap!  Grin

Email rambling_rebel_70   IP Logged
firecapt321
Forum Veteran
High Performance

The Ken Killer

Savannah, GA
Reply #33 - 11/01/11 at 17:45:05

Tony, take it to a shop buddy, and shut the door on this thread, the gnats are starting to come in.... Roll Eyes Grin

12.9 @ 111mph
Street Tires, Stock Stall Mopar Converter, 3.15's, Foot Lock System and Auto Zone's Finest Shocks, Crossing the line at 4000 rpm's..... lmao
Email   IP Logged
rambling_rebel
Forum Junkie

Fergus, Ontario
Reply #34 - 11/02/11 at 02:28:18

what on earth are you talking about .... ken and skeown both have kool, fast cars, both faster than.....wait for it....13.02.......thats just mean....oh...wait....you're talking about me.....never mind...carry on....

being unemployed, err, um, self-employed....I have LOTS of time on my hands now that I'm relagated to monitoring netowrks in my basement in my pink bunny slippers again....er, um, I mean my black leather harley davidson gear...

rr

Email rambling_rebel_70   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print