The AMC Forum - K H caliper question

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
10/25/14 at 21:09:53
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
K H caliper question (Read 1013 times)
77hornetamx
Site Moderator
High Performance

4oh1,s Rule!

Barrie, ONT
K H caliper question
05/22/12 at 01:06:50

72 or 73 K H caliper on a Javelin . Got new calipers . They have the typical anti rattle spring clips that go under the bolt heads . But there is also a wire some sort of anti rattle thing that came in the box . The last time I touched a K H brake set up on an AMC was like 1979 . I cant figure out how this piece goes on . Is there any one out there with a stock K H set up that has a anti rattle spring wire , that goes on the outer pad maybe ??.Or it could just be wrong part thrown in the box at the reman place maybe ..77.

" You can never be sure of the validity of any on line information " Abraham Lincoln .
Stay Hard.
Think Critically .
Question Everything .
Email   IP Logged
Frank Swygert
Forum Junkie

American Motors Cars
Magazine

Batesburg-Leesville, SC
Re: K H caliper question
Reply #1 - 05/30/12 at 16:15:36

Hope this gets to you in time! There is a wire anti-rattle springs. It goes around the outside (non-piston side) and clips over the ends of the pad. The ends of the spring go around the guide pins, sort of hang on the guide pins (ends of spring "up" over pins). Looks like you'd have to put the springs on before the guide pins go in.

Frank Swygert
Publisher, American Motors Cars
www.amc-mag.com
Email WWW   IP Logged
77hornetamx
Site Moderator
High Performance

4oh1,s Rule!

Barrie, ONT
Reply #2 - 05/30/12 at 22:17:46

Do you have a pic thats easy to put up or email to me ??. so the spring is horizontal on out side of caliper . then the two ends go up and around behind the pad , then the pin goes thru end . This is for freind of mine putting a disc brake conversion onto a  61 Ford econoline truck and the conversion kit uses k h calipers and brackets . Thanks ..77.

" You can never be sure of the validity of any on line information " Abraham Lincoln .
Stay Hard.
Think Critically .
Question Everything .
Email   IP Logged
Frank Swygert
Forum Junkie

American Motors Cars
Magazine

Batesburg-Leesville, SC
Reply #3 - 06/06/12 at 14:45:04

Don't have a pic, but you got it right.

Frank Swygert
Publisher, American Motors Cars
www.amc-mag.com
Email WWW   IP Logged
77hornetamx
Site Moderator
High Performance

4oh1,s Rule!

Barrie, ONT
Reply #4 - 06/07/12 at 02:02:03

Ok I,ll tell him on the weekend . Pretty sad when two eggsperienced hot rodders couldnt figger out how that wire goes on ... But then again we were sober at the time ..77.

Stay Hard.
Think Critically .
Question Everything .
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print