The AMC Forum - 1973 Hornet / 81 Concord / 82 Eagle

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
08/20/14 at 14:35:26
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1973 Hornet / 81 Concord / 82 Eagle (Read 1307 times)
Bitburger
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Waldow-Brand, Brandenburg
1973 Hornet / 81 Concord / 82 Eagle
08/02/12 at 20:28:26

Hallo,

in the next Time I get an ī73 Hornet with a 304 ci Engine. From a Friend Iīve got a ī81 Concord ex-Air Force and an ī82 Eagle. Both Carīs are total rusty and not complete. The Eagle had new Brakes on the Front Axle. Now I donīt want the two Weckīs standing here arround. Or better, my Wife wouldnt  Roll Eyesī

Now my Question: what  Partīs can I use for the Hornet?

Email WWW   IP Logged
DybAMX
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Rosedale, MD
Re: 1973 Hornet / 81 Concord / 82 Eagle
Reply #1 - 08/03/12 at 00:50:01

you can swap the disc brakes from the Concord onto the Hornet if it doesn't already have discs, not sure if any of the Eagle brake parts will interchange or not but you would need the spindles from the Concord

Brian Dyba
Rosedale MD

Up to my ears in cars and parts. liquidation coming soon
Email   IP Logged
AMC instigator
Forum Veteran

I've created an AMC
menace- My son is

Cook,MN
Reply #2 - 08/08/12 at 12:40:17

Speedo cable, headlamp switch, wiper switch, and will most likely have tha little black pause box in the harness.  windshield is the same for 2dr-4dr-wagon, so are the moldings around it. Door handles same from front and back, door and trunk locks, window regulators, auto trans from concord only and with the torque convertor, the concord will have a high stall lock up one. Trans crossmemeber, looks different but fits in the same place. The Concord disc bakes as a complete system can be used on the Hornet as Brian suggested, you need the parts Spindle outward as well as the proportuning valve[that is located under the heater motor in the engine bay]. The Eagle ffront brakes will not fit at all. They are for the 4x4 front axle. The Concord wheels, wiper motor, Power brake booster and master if equipped, be sure to take the rod going all the way to the brake pedal. The brake light switch as well is the same as the Hornet. Concord front and rear springs, although the front may be a little too light weight if the car only was a bare bones model. They would work to make the front lower by about an inch on the Hornet. Front suspension, all of it except the crossmemeber will work [the v-8 uses a different one], even the steering box. Steering column as well. Heater box and blower fan motor. Wiper arms in the cowl, winsheild washer bottle, and the Concord or Eagle will have a nice over flow bottle you can use, that the Hornet never cam with. The radiator and shrouds from both cars will work in the hornet, not exact, but can be used to save costs of a new one. I know I have kind of jumped around the car parts wise but I hope that gives you some ideas as to what you may want to save as some spare parts to make the Hornet work, and keep working.  Hope that helps, SH

Low comp bridge pivot motors go fast too! Lots of 1978-80 AMX's, Nurse Bobbis' race car "Wild Thing", Mr. Happyfaces' "Trouble Maker" & many other AMC's. NAMDRA #2398 AMO#8370 Northstar AMC #09
Email   IP Logged
Bitburger
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Waldow-Brand, Brandenburg
Reply #3 - 09/20/12 at 19:18:41

Thank you verry much for your Help, so I have a lot of Work to do Wink

Iīve brougt my "new" Hornet home, two weeks ago. Engine and Transmission works great but the Suspension and Steering Bushings are totat dead. Also the Breaks need some Work.

Rust I have found arround the rear Windwow, the Passenger Door and at the Fenders.

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print