The AMC Forum - Anybody know about, hear about Keisler trans?

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
03/25/17 at 15:36:25
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anybody know about, hear about Keisler trans? (Read 3300 times)
old_and_rusty
Ex Member

Anybody know about, hear about Keisler trans?
08/26/12 at 20:33:30

IP Logged
Class Guy
AMCrazy
High Performance

Too much
imagination, not
enough time.

Toad Suck, AR
Re: Anybody know about, hear about Keisler trans?
Reply #1 - 08/28/12 at 20:01:08

No, but I'm with you  in wanting to hear some more about this.

Email   IP Logged
fastrogue
AMCrazy
High Performance

SC/Rambler guy

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reply #2 - 05/20/15 at 03:18:23

I think the Keisler transmission is being reborn as the Legend LGT-700 transmission. It might be possible to install one of these using an AMC T-5 bellhousing, because they offer two different dimensions from the case to bellhousing both with 2.5" offset to the driver's side shifter locations with T-5 input and T-5 bolt pattern in the case. Look at Legends website. Gear ratio drops are excellent with the close box.

Silver Sport transmissions offers a kit for large engine compartment  AMCs with a TKO 600 and a Quicktime bellhousing using a GM input and case pattern.

Master of Obsolete Technology.
Email   IP Logged
fastrogue
AMCrazy
High Performance

SC/Rambler guy

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reply #3 - 01/03/17 at 21:19:22

I know this is an old post, with some new developments. In an email at the end of this year from Jack Kaufman, Sales Manager at Silver Sport Transmissions. "The folks at Legend Gear, makers of the LGT 700 transmissions, were evicted from their facility a year ago and they are   involved in a fraud lawsuit. The LGT 700 is dead from our perspective." Some verbage in the email has been eliminated for the sake of brevity.

Master of Obsolete Technology.
Email   IP Logged
mramc
AMCrazy
High Performance

American Motors
Corporation

Pahrump, NV
Reply #4 - 01/04/17 at 18:33:22

Keisler went under, bankrupt , gone. They made the kits, and were right next to Tremec. Keisler never made the transmissions , just the kit to install the transmissions.
Tremec is still in business and makes the transmissions . My understanding is Silver Sport Transmissions is owned by Tremec. In other words they cut out the middle man. The Keisler link about takes you to SST . No idea beyond that , god, bad, or ugly. But they do list a kit for AMCs are being available. LRDaum

Email WWW mramc mramc none none none   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print