The AMC Forum - A & L Automotive in Sacramento?

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
02/20/18 at 23:28:51
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A & L Automotive in Sacramento? (Read 2004 times)
Hornetgirl
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Galt, CA
A & L Automotive in Sacramento?
02/12/13 at 04:20:46

Hey guys/gals-

I am in Sacramento, and I am finally ready to get my 73 Sportabout switched over to front disc brakes, and was referred to A & L Automotive in Sacramento to do the job. I don't want some random guy who's never heard of AMC's to work on my baby, and A & L was recommended.
I tried calling the number that was on this forum and in the phone directories and it's disconnected.

Anyone know if A & L in Sacramento is still around?
Or anyone know of a good AMC mechanic in the Sacramento area who can do a drum to disc conversion?  

Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
jd6208
AMCrazy

Muscle Cars should
have Redline Tires!

Ripon, CA
Re: A & L Automotive in Sacramento?
Reply #1 - 02/12/13 at 16:52:56

Try sending a PM to 69AMX (Rob) here on the forum - he is the son of Richard Alonzo who ran A&L.  I had heard a few months ago he was selling off some spare parts he had for AMCs, but hadn't heard that that the shop was closing.

Seeing as how you're in Galt, these guys are just over in Lockeford - Full Circle Restorations, www.fullcircleresto.com.  I had the engine bay stripped and repainted and installed a rebuilt motor last year in my 68 Javelin - they did a great job, and do a lot of basic work like brake conversions as well.  

Good luck,

James

James
68 Javelin SST 290/AT Caravelle Blue w/ White Vinyl Roof
Email   IP Logged
Hornetgirl
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Galt, CA
Re: A & L Automotive in Sacramento?
Reply #2 - 02/13/13 at 02:25:30

Thanks James- I got ahold of A & L today- he's going to make sure my car stops after it goes, haha.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print