The AMC Forum - Choosing a locker for Dana 20

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
04/21/18 at 01:58:36
News: 07/13/2009: Member Registration is now manual. Please email me if you're looking to sign up: amcforumAThotmail.com
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Choosing a locker for Dana 20 (Read 134 times)
390ina71
AMCer

American Motors
Corporation

Hampton, CT
Choosing a locker for Dana 20
03/22/18 at 10:52:42

I've decided to keep the Dana 20 in my Javelin. Getting 1 piece axles in from Moser. Wondering what everybody's using for a locker? Pros and cons. Anyone using a Powertrax Lock-right? Appreciate reply's.

Email   IP Logged
tufcj
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Watkins, CO
Re: Choosing a locker for Dana 20
Reply #1 - 03/22/18 at 14:13:04

Never used a powertrax in a car, I have in a Jeep.  They are noisy when turning, you'll hear it clicking every time you turn a corner.  They will also jerk the car side/side if you apply power before both sides are locked.  They are definitely the cheapest option, but not the smoothest.  There are other similar "lunchbox" lockers like the Aussie, Spartan, Monkey Grip.  These go in the factory open carrier, and are probably limited to under 400 HP with sticky tires.  If you swap out the carrier, there are quieter and more durable units out there like the Eaton, ARB, OX.  Anything that will fit a 76-85 Jeep CJ will fit your car.

Bob
tufcj

69 AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
Email   IP Logged
Aussie69Jav
Forum Junkie

American Motors
Corporation

Perth, Western Australia
Re: Choosing a locker for Dana 20
Reply #2 - 04/18/18 at 10:49:15

Detroit truetrac for me, so far so good, mild 360 in a Gremlin, strip only use so far.

http://www.australianjavelins.com/
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print